Today as per the guidelines of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), it is mandatory to link your Aadhaar Card with your bank account. Therefore, like every other nationalised and privatised bank in India, the Bank of Baroda requires account holders to get their 12-digit Aadhaar number linked with their bank accounts. This will protect your data and help you get facilities such as credit subsidies on civic amenities, welfare schemes, pension plans, scholarships and even avail welfare plans under government schemes such as MGNREGA.
Linking Aadhaar with Bank of Baroda Account Online
Today, online banking through internet facilities is prevalent and used by almost everyone. This makes banking immensely easy for everyone with a Bank of Baroda account. Customers can operate on their bank accounts, view the balance, complete transactions, view bank statements, and see the previous transaction records on their bank's online service anytime and anywhere.
Internet banking can also be used for an array of purposes such as purchasing commodities, and e-commerce products, paying electricity and mobile bills, et al. Mentioned below are the steps to link your Aadhaar card with your Bank of Baroda account:
- Step 1: Go to the official Bank of Baroda website homepage through the link: https://www.bankofbaroda.in and log in with your credentials, such as your account number and password.
- Step 2: Click on Update Aadhaar’ on the website.
- Provide the exact account number of your Bank of Baroda account and the mobile number registered with the bank. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on this number.
- Step 3: Now you'll have to hit the 'Generate OTP' button, and within a few seconds, you will receive an SMS with a one-time password on your registered mobile number.
- Step 4: The next step is to fill in the exact digits of the OTP in the space provided on the website and click on the 'Submit' option to finish the process.
- Step 5: You will receive an SMS on that mobile number informing you about the acceptance of the request to link your Aadhaar number with your bank account.
- Step 6: Finally, when the process is finished, you will receive a message that your 12-digit Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your Bank of Baroda account.
Linking Aadhaar with Bank of Baroda Account through SMS
If you don't want to visit the website and just get your Bank of Baroda account and aadhaar linked with the help of an SMS, you can do that as well. The SMS banking facilities of Bank of Baroda allow you to seed your Aadhaar number with your Bank of Baroda account with the help of just an SMS. Ensure that your registered mobile number is still functional and then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Open the Message option on your mobile phone.
- Step 2: Type the following text: UID 'space' 12-digit Aadhaar number 'space' the last four digits of your Bank of Baroda account number.
- Step 3: Send this SMS to '8422009988'.
- Step 4: Finally, your 12-digit Aadhaar number will be linked to your Bank of Baroda account within 48 hours, and you will receive an SMS confirming that your Aadhaar number has been successfully seeded with the Bank of Baroda account you have.
It is also integral to note that this option will only be available for Bank of Baroda account holders with access to the registered mobile number. If you don’t have access to that device, you may get a new mobile number registered and linked with the account before following the above steps.
Linking Aadhaar with Bank of Baroda Account by Visiting the Bank
You may also directly visit your bank's branch to link your Aadhaar number to your account number. All you need to do is walk into the Bank of Baroda branch, which manages your bank account and follow these simple steps.
- Step 1: Visit the branch of Bank of Baroda, where your bank account is being managed and meet the account executive.
- Step 2: You will need an application form for seeding your 12-digit Aadhaar number. There are two ways to procure the application form. You could visit the following link: https://bankofbaroda.com/writereaddata/Images/pdf/consent-for-aadhar-seeding-form.pdf and download the Aadhaar seeding form, or you could just visit the home bank branch and ask your executive for the offline version of the form.
- Step 3: Fill in the required details such as the 12-digit Aadhaar number, Bank of Baroda account details, the name on your Aadhaar Card, the phone number registered with the bank, residential address and so on.
- Step 4: After correctly filling in the necessary details, you have to submit the Aadhaar seeding application form to the bank executive along with a self-attested copy of your original Aadhaar Card and the passbook of your Bank of Baroda bank account.
- Step 5: Next, you will be asked to produce your original Aadhaar card so that the bank officials can successfully verify your application.
- Step 6: After your duly filled-up Aadhaar seeding application form and the necessary documents are accepted, you will be given an official receipt by the bank executive.
- Step 7: Within 48 hours, your 12-digit Aadhaar number should be successfully seeded with your Bank of Baroda account.
- Step 8: You will also receive an SMS from the bank confirming the success of the Aadhaar seeding process on the mobile number registered with your bank.
Link Aadhaar Card with Bank of Baroda Account through ATM
Although it is an easier process to link your Bank of Baroda account and your Aadhaar online, you can also just walk into an ATM and get your 12-digit Aadhaar number linked to your Bob account on the ATM by following the simple steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: First, walk into the nearest ATM to access your Bank of Baroda account.
- Step 2: Then, swipe your ATM card in the machine.
- Step 3: Next, fill in your PIN code in the ATM and access the various operations on your bank account.
- Step 4: Find the button titled 'Services' in the drop-down menu displayed on the ATM screen and select it.
- Step 6: Select your account type depending on whether you have a current or savings account in the ATM.
- Step 7: Provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number to the ATM and then re-enter the number for verification and hit the button labelled 'OK'.
- Step 8: Within 48 hours, you should receive an SMS informing you about successfully linking your Aadhaar number with your Bank of Baroda account on the mobile number registered with the bank.
Documents Required for Linking Bank of Baroda Account with Aadhaar Card
You may require a few documents to link your BoB account and Adhaar. This is the list of documents essential to get your Aadhaar number linked to your Bank of Baroda account through the offline or online methods. Depending on your process, we have mentioned below a list of the documents you'll require.
Offline mode of Aadhaar seeding:
Online mode of Aadhaar seeding
- Your original Aadhaar Card
- A self-attested photocopy of your Aadhaar Card.
- Your original Bank of Baroda account passbook
- A photocopy of your Bank of Baroda account passbook
- Your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Original Aadhaar Card for verification
- Net banking credentials are necessary for logging in.
While Bank of Baroda remains quite flexible regarding the Aadhaar linking options it provides, the customers must also undertake some due diligence. For example, providing inaccurate Aadhaar details or using the wrong PIN or mobile phone number may lead to further delays in the process. Linking your BoB account and Aadhaar is not a cumbersome process, but to know more, visit the Bajaj Markets website to learn more about the Bank of Baroda Aadhaar linking process!