Who doesn’t like a good vacation, especially if it’s to beat the excruciating summer heat? Summer season around the world is detested for its humid climate and soaring temperatures. But, it gives people a great excuse to escape and explore various other beautiful destinations across the world with lower temperatures and scenic beauty. Moreover, it serves as a great way to bond with your family too.
So, this summer season, if you are planning to take a short trip to some of the most beautiful destinations in the world, but cannot pick one, let us help you. In this article, we have listed a few places you can visit in India or abroad and spend a memorable summer vacation with your loved ones. Take a look:
- Ladakh, Leh: The cold deserts, snow-clad mountains, and gorgeous glaciers define the topography of this region. Adding to this are the breath-taking lakes & rivers that can stun the visitors. There’s also an option of water sports like rafting. The Snow Leopard and Bactrian Camels add to its fauna. The monasteries impact a soul enriching experience. From eating at the highest cafeteria to visiting a Pashmina stall, it is all worth a visit.
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands: Comprising of roughly 300 islands, only 36 islands are inhabited leaving 93.7 percent of it unexplored . Long palm-lined beaches, clear waters hitting white-sand shores and surrounding tropical rainforests give you a chance to dive deep and explore the unexplored! Havelock, Port Blair, Neil and the Barren Islands are some of the few stunning islands you can explore.
- Tbilisi, Georgia: It is the capital of former Soviet Republic. This destination offers the true appeal of a European city, as it houses ancient landmarks, intimate cafes and excellent wine, without the choking summer throngs. Authentic traditions, such as khachapuri, which is simply a cheese-stuffed bread that is topped with a runny egg and some butter, is a highly popular dish among the locals. Nightlife, particularly the electronic music, is an icing on the cake.
- Ticino, Switzerland: The exchange rate makes Switzerland a good destination to visit at the moment, and the hidden wine region of Ticino is a great alternative to Italy. Since Ticino borders the northern portion near Lake Como, and its residents speak Italian, many visitors tend to feel like they are actually in Italy. The main reason Swiss wine isn’t well known is because the country exports just one percent of it – and that doesn’t include the US.
- Paraty, Brazil: Every summer, the pretty colonial town of Paraty, hosts the popular Flip Literary Festival. The event attracts thousands of local and international visitors and celebrity guest speakers. The past attendees include Isabel Allende, Toni Morrison, Salman Rushdie and Bob Dylan.
Also, here is a list of essentials to carry while vacationing:
- Carry a pair of jacket and warm clothes (if you are travelling to a colder region) to avoid any medical termination.
- A stylish pair of sunglasses would clearly add to the charm of your touristy spirit.
- Passport should be kept handy (if you are travelling overseas)
- Carry enough currency to avoid running around to look for ATMs or for money exchange.
- A well charged power bank to keep your phone from draining. You may need to use Google maps and translator in a lot of places.
- An updated travel Insurance policy which covers medical emergencies and damage or theft, while you take a carefree summer trip to your favourite destination, is essential.
So, if you are planning to head to one of these places or any other destination to spend a great time with your loved ones, make sure to buy a travel insurance policy or look for good travel insurance plans that suit your requirements and fit your budget. If you haven’t already, check out the various travel insurance plans on Finserv Markets, today!
With Finserv Markets, buying travel insurance online is easy, quick and completely hassle-free. What’s more? The entire process is online and can be accessed right from the comfort of your home! So why wait? Buy a travel insurance policy with us, today!
Finserv Markets, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!