As a bike/scooter owner, you would want to ensure its safety and keep it in pristine condition at all times. However, somewhere amid all the weaving through traffic and squeezing through the tightest of corners, your vehicle may suffer a dent or other such damages. That’s where a Two Wheeler or Bike Insurance Plan will come to your rescue. By filing for a claim with your insurance provider, you can get full compensation for the damages caused to your precious two-wheeler. However, filing a claim can prove to be a tricky process, if you don’t understand the nuances of it. Hence, it’s always best to have some pre-acquired knowledge so that when the time arises, you know what to do. Let’s start by learning about the two types of claims:
- Cashless Claim Settlement – If you have purchased a cashless Two-Wheeler Insurance plan, the entire claim process will be cashless and you won’t have to pay anything except for the deductible you have agreed.
- Reimbursement of Claim – Once you inform your insurance provider about the damages and get your vehicle repaired, you can raise a claim. After some verification, your insurance company will disburse your claim amount minus the deductible.
Documents required for filing a two-wheeler insurance claim
Please ensure that you keep the following information handy when you file a claim: –
- Engine and Chassis Number
- The copy of the police complaint in case of theft
- Accident’s date and time
- Description and location of the accident
- Two-wheeler inspection address
In case your two-wheeler is stolen, you will need to file a police complaint as soon and possible and submit the same to your insurance provider along with the above documents. So, make sure to keep these documents ready beforehand to ensure a smooth claim settlement process.
Claim settlement procedure for two-wheeler insurance
- Inform your insurance company about the theft/accident at the earliest. Not doing so can cause unnecessary snags in the claim reimbursement process.
- Lodge an FIR in case your bike/scooter has been stolen.
- In case of an accident, take your two-wheeler to the nearest network garage to get the damage evaluated. This will help you avail the cashless claim facility.
- If you want to settle your claim via reimbursement, submit the relevant forms to your insurance provider to raise a claim.
At Finserv Markets, claim settlement is a simple and straightforward process. If you experience minor damages, you can register your claim online with us and get instant claim reimbursements. So, if you are looking for a bike insurance policy that offers wide coverage and quick claim reimbursements, look no further. Buy Two-Wheeler Insurance online with Finserv Markets today!
Finserv Markets, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!