Citibank credit cards are popular for their offers, advantages and numerous uses. You can use a Citibank credit card to avail benefits such as discounts and deals on retail purchases, fuel transactions, bill payments, travel bookings, and much more. However, to enjoy these benefits, one must meet the Citibank credit card requirements pertaining to eligibility.
Let us take a look at the Citi credit card eligibility and documents in detail.
Following are the basic Citi credit card requirements that are necessary for an applicant to meet to qualify as eligible.
1. Age requirements for Citi credit card is a minimum of 23 years and a maximum of 60 years.
2. While the minimum income amount can vary between Citibank credit cards, the Citibank credit card eligibility requirements need you to at least draw a salary of INR 25,000 or more to be able to apply.
3. You must be an Indian national to qualify as eligible for credit card application.
4. Citi credit card requirements also include the need for a good credit score, likely 750 and above.
With the basic Citi credit card eligibility requirements in place, let us understand how these parameters play a decisive role in the approval or rejection of your credit card application.
1. Age- Age is the primary criteria for application and one must be within the working-age group between 23 and 60 years. If you qualify this, you can proceed with the Citibank credit card application.
2. Income-Income is a crucial Citi card eligibility factor which gives the bank an idea of your purchasing power and whether you can afford a credit card. To avail a Citibank credit card, you must have a regular source of income. You can either be a salaried employee at a reputed and established organization or the manager of your own business to be able to apply for a Citibank credit card.
3. Nationality- As Citibank India only offers credit cards within India, you must be an Indian national if you are to apply for a credit card.
4. Credit Score- You credit score is a reflection of your credit history. It allows the bank to get a clear picture of your financial health as well as your sense of responsibility. As a result, Citi credit card eligibility criteria requires you to have a good credit history, to be able to trust you with offering a credit card.
Credit card eligibility can be improved by certain methods. Here is a list of steps you can consider if you are looking to improve your chances of getting a Citibank credit card.
1. As a good credit score can improve Citi credit card eligibility, you can opt to better your credit score by reducing the ratio of your Debt-to-Income, closing your existing loan(s), increasing your monthly income, etc.
2. You can opt to pay all your bills and clear your dues on time.
3. As high outstanding payments on multiple credit cards adversely affects the credit-utilization ratio, and your chances of getting a new Citibank credit card, consider paying and clearing your pending bills before applying for a new card.
4. Once you have submitted your Citi credit card application, restrain yourself from making multiple requests and enquiries for a new credit card,
5. Avoid instances of late fees, cheque bounces, and other fines and penalties on any of your credit sources.
When it comes to Citibank credit card eligibility, there are certain documents that you must have. Thes includes your proof of identity, proof of address and proof of income. Under these categories, the documents you can provide are listed below-
Identity Proof- As your proof of identity, you can provide any one document from the list of applicable documents. This includes your Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, or any other photo ID card approved by the Government of India.
Address Proof- As your proof of address, you can provide any one document from the list of applicable documents. This includes your Passport, Aadhaar Card, Utility Bills (such as telephone bill, electricity bill, etc.), or any other photo ID card approved by the Government of India.
Income Proof- As your proof of income, you can provide any one document from the list of applicable documents. This includes your salary slips for the last three months, Bank account statement for the last three months, Form 16 (salaried employee), or audited financials of the last 2 years (for self-employed).
To be eligible for Citi credit card application, you must be an Indian national, within 23 years and 60 years, with a minimum income amount and a good credit score of 750 and above. Apply for Credit Cards online at Finserv MARKETS and get Credit Cards packed with rewards and offers from Citibank Credit Cards.
While the minimum income amount can vary between Citibank credit cards, the Citibank credit card eligibility requirements need you to at least draw a salary of INR 25,000 or more to be able to apply.
You must be a salaried employee or the owner of a business to apply for a Citibank credit card. Student Credit Cards are very popular among students these days.