Get ready to be enchanted by the winter wonders from across the world. As the sweater weather begins, a lot of people plan to escape the cold by travelling to someplace tropical. However, many others embrace this season and plan a winter travel every year.
So, if you are looking for some best places to visit in winter, you have skied your way to the right place. Here’s a list of 5 most stunning winter destinations.
Whitefish is located in Montana in the United States of America. The place displays a stunning scenic view of the mountains by the state lake. If you are planning to travel during the winter season, make it a point to visit the annual winter festival hosted by the locals.
- Average High-Temperature °C: -0.2
- Average Low-Temperature °C: -11.2
- Airplane Tickets: From INR 46,000 onwards
- Travel Expense (Accommodation and Site-Seeing): Between INR 1 Lakh and INR 2.5 Lakh
2. Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe is located in California in the United States of America. In winder, the place portrays beautiful vistas and has a vibrant nightlife. You can stay at a ski resort and enjoy hot springs by the day. For those who love wandering in flora and fauna can take a trek and adore bird-watching.
- Average High-Temperature °C: 4.8
- Average Low-Temperature °C: -6.2
- Airplane Tickets: From INR 60,000 onwards
- Travel Expense (Accommodation and Site-Seeing): Between INR 2 Lakh and INR 4 Lakh
Gullfoss waterfall is located in the southwest region of Iceland. There is nothing much to visit in the area, but most travellers prefer a trip during winters to witness the water fall from above 100 feet in two stages into the 200 feet canyon wall. The sight of it is breathtakingly beautiful during winters.
- Average High-Temperature °C: -3.0
- Average Low-Temperature °C: -9.5
- Airplane Tickets: From INR 42,000 onwards
- Travel Expense (Accommodation and Site-Seeing): Between INR 1 Lakh and INR 3 Lakh
Svalbard is located in Norway and is quite a famous location for Northern Lights. It is one of the best winter travel destinations in the world. In fact, during winters, you can visit this location to experience the Polar Nights as well. During Polar Nights, the sun never rises, and the lightest the sky gets is a bright blue twilight. Also, you can spot the Aurora Borealis if it occurs.
- Average High-Temperature °C: -13
- Average Low-Temperature °C: -20
- Airplane Tickets: From INR 40,000 onwards
- Travel Expense (Accommodation and Site-Seeing): Between INR 1.15 Lakh and INR 2.30 Lakh
5. Lake Baikal
Lake Baikal is located in Russia and is also known as the Sacred Sea. It is the world’s deepest freshwater lake. You can dog-sledge and take a snowmobiling tour. Ice diving and rafting are also available in areas where the water is not frozen.
- Average High-Temperature °C: -21
- Average Low-Temperature °C: -90
- Airplane Tickets: From INR 26,000 onwards
- Travel Expense (Accommodation and Site-Seeing): Between INR 50,000 and INR 1.12 Lakh
Winter Travel Essentials
Whether you are planning a trip to any of the above-mentioned places or elsewhere, a winter travel essential check-list is a must. Here’s what needs to be included in this checklist –
- Thermal wear
- Warm boots and shoes
- Accessories like monkey caps, gloves, and scarves
- Coats and jackets
- Travel insurance
- Travel-friendly gadgets
Go Plan A Winter Trip!
December will arrive in no time. What’s a better time to plan a winter holiday trip, if not now? Any one of the places mentioned above will surely fit in your budget.
If you are looking for travel insurance, then visit our online platform. With Bajaj Allianz travel insurance available on Finserv MARKETS, you can benefit from features like hassle-free settlements, extensive coverage, quick online process, 24×7 assistance, and so much more.
Moreover, if you are falling short on the budget you can apply for a personal loan for travel with us at Finserv MARKETS.
So, what are you waiting for? Book your plane tickets, check the benefits of travel insurance, book a place, and travel away!
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we works towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs . What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.