Science has made advancements and helped evolve the way we sleep for a good rest. Sleeping well is essential for us to function optimally. But while markets are flooded with options for beds, finding a good mattress is slightly tricker.
Mercifully, e-commerce has made online mattress shopping accessible in a few quick clicks. If you want to buy a memory foam mattress online, you should bear in mind a few essential factors before making a purchase.
Here are some tips and tricks while looking for a memory foam mattress online that will provide terrific value for money. Read on if you want to say ‘hello’ to a sound sleep and ‘goodbye’ to aches and pains.
If you are in the mood for online mattress shopping or looking for a good memory foam mattress online, go through these points carefully to choose the right mattress for your needs:
- Comfort – A mattress shouldn’t leave you feeling stiff or exert any extra pressure on your musculoskeletal system. Memory foam mattresses are designed to emulate our body’s natural curves and hence help with a deep restorative sleep. Depending on the material, budget, types and sleep pattern look for a medium-firm mattress that feels like a hug.
- Homogeneous – Opt for a mattress that allows homogeneous distribution of heat in cold temperatures and heat diffusion in hot temperatures. Mattresses made of high-density Orthobond foam provide superior support to all parts of the body. While testing out the mattress look for red flags like gaps, sags and unevenness.
- Adaptive – Research states that sleeping on mattresses that provide ample cushioning to the natural curvature of the spine is imperative for good health. Thus, look for a mattress that has specific blends of foam, added gel or perforations for improved airflow, and ample firmness that keeps the hip in line with the shoulders while you sleep.
- Height – Give some thought to who is going use the mattress. If you are tall then you are not going to get much sleep if your arms are flailing, and legs are hanging off the edge. A child will probably sleep in the corners or sink to the middle of a king size mattress or a queen size mattress. An appropriately sized mattress is mandatory for a comfortable sleep.
- Weight – The weight of the user determines the preferred mattress firmness. You should never confuse support with firmness. The lighter you weigh, the less likely it is for you to sink through the material. Heavier folks can choose a firmer mattress. Folks with average build and weight can opt for a medium-firm mattress.
- Use – Splurging on the perfect mattress for your personal use makes more sense than investing in an expensive mattress for the guestroom that will be rarely used. Mattresses are long-term, durable purchases and you should pick the right one according to your specific requirements.
- Sleeping position — Your sleep style is important for picking the right memory foam mattress online. Back sleepers need a firmer mattress for neutral spinal alignment. A softer mattress will provide better contouring to side sleepers. Stomach sleepers need a firm hybrid mattress to lift the hips in line with the shoulders. Combo sleepers can opt for a medium-firm dynamic mattress.
- Climate – Stick to spring mattresses in humid places, and latex or memory foam mattresses in colder places. Your body temperature too is of importance. If you do not sleep in an AC room, a copper, gel or graphite-infused mattress will circumvent the heat-trapping problem.
- Budget – Your budget should help you narrow down and prioritize the must-haves in a mattress. Comfort is a personal preference, and higher priced mattress don’t automatically assure the right fit or the best quality. Newer technology and features are obviously priced higher. Do remember that online mattress shopping is likely to get you the best deals.
What type of Mattress do you Need?
- Orthopaedic mattresses: As the name suggests, these are meant for folks with specific health needs and aren’t recommended for normal, healthy people. Orthopaedic mattresses are designed to provide targeted support for the back and the joints. Consult a doctor for your pain areas and research options that work with your budget.
- Foam mattresses: While being pocket-friendly, this popular variety faces flak for unregulated temperatures. Getting a good memory foam mattress online will give you cushioning and contouring, but will also leave you vulnerable to heat-trapping issues. Breathable open-cell foams are less dense and offer better temperature regulation, but they are also pricier. These mattresses are ideal for side sleepers but not for firmness-seeking stomach sleepers.
- Spring mattresses: Bouncy, supportive, firm, and breathable — Spring mattresses have a lot of advantages. They are great for back and stomach sleepers and for sweaty sleepers since they don’t retain moisture. If you want bounce with support, go for a spring mattress. But if you have back, hip or shoulder pain, these mattresses are avoidable.
- Latex mattresses: A big step up from spring mattresses, latex mattresses adapt better to your body. They are firm yet flexible and provide terrific temperature regulation. Latex mattresses are durable and work for a wide range of sleepers, although they are a tad pricier.
- Mixed or Hybrid mattresses: These mattresses combine latex and foam, creating a blend of firm support and comfort for a wide range of sleepers. The design aids in an even airflow leading to a comfortable sleeping temperature. Hybrid mattresses are lightweight and easy to maintain.
Summary: If a sound sleep is essential to good health, a good mattress is equally so. Online mattress shopping can be an enriching experience once you are equipped with the right information. To help you out, here is a comprehensive guide that will tell you which mattress is the right fit for you and your family. Do check out the various mattresses of different brands like Centuary Mattress, Sleepyhead Mattress and many more, trial periods, return policies and warranties before picking the best memory foam mattress online.
Don’t forget to use the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card to shop for your favourite memory foam mattress online.
You can also get the best mattresses in India on No Cost EMI at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store.
The practical way of purchasing the best memory foam mattresses in India
The Bajaj Finserv EMI Store is the ultimate shopping platform for all kinds home purchases. New and registered EMI Network Card users can buy the best mattresses in a hassle-free manner on No Cost EMIs. The EMI Network Card is a unique digital card that offers a pre-approved loan limit of up to Rs. 4 lakh and enables you to purchase your preferred product without the compulsion of clearing the total product price at once. You can also customize your repayment terms, with tenors ranging from 3 months to 24 months.