The Redmi Note 6 Pro was released 9 months after the Redmi Note 5 Pro. As the name suggests, the Note 6 Pro was a polished upgrade of the Note 5 Pro. A lot of the specifications definitely remain the same in the Note 6 Pro. But the upgraded features bring out a whole new mi smartphone experience from ordinary mi mobile offerings.
Before diving into this comparative review of the two mi smartphones, check out what Bajaj Finserv EMI Store offers to buy your next smartphone. You can pay for the phone with their no-cost EMI scheme and choose their best deals, some of which come with cashback. After ordering, expect your new phone within 24 hours.
1. Redmi Note 5 Vs Redmi Note 6 Pro Display:
- In terms of physical features, Redmi Note 6 Pro was a taller, thinner, and lighter version of Redmi Note 5 Pro. Weight-wise, there isn’t a major difference as Note 6 Pro weighs a gram less, at 181g, than its mi mobile predecessor at 182g.
- But the Redmi Note 6 Pro boasts a taller display at 6.26 inches, bringing a larger aspect ratio of 19:9. Compare this to Note 5 Pro’s tamer display at 5.99 inches with an aspect ratio of 18:9.
- Note 6 Pro gives you a very different viewing experience because the large screen has more pixels. The Note 6 Pro also supports Full HD+ IPS LCD display compared to the Note 5 Pro’s measly FHD+ display and lower resolution in pixels and pixel density.
2. Redmi Note 5 Vs Redmi Note 6 Pro Camera:
- One of the major changes was the camera between Redmi Note 5 Pro and Note 6 Pro. The predecessor had two rear cameras and one sensor in the front. The Redmi Note 6 Pro beats that with a more superior camera. It has a dual-camera system for the rear and front cameras.
- The Mi smartphone successor came with a 12-megapixel sensor for the rear camera with dual-pixel autofocus and depth-sensing.
- Note 6 Pro has a bigger aperture to give you better images in low-light. The front camera of the Note 6 Pro has a 12-MP primary and 2-MP secondary sensor.
- Their cameras also have two additional features: AI detection and AI portrait 2.0. Compare this to Note 5 Pro only having a single 20-megapixel camera in the front.
3. Redmi Note 5 Vs Redmi Note 6 Pro Processors & Storage:
- Now, both phones run on the same processor, Snapdragon 636, but Mi mobile Note 6 Pro has more storage options.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro had two options – the basic model has 4GB RAM and the top version had a 6GB RAM, both with only 64GB storage.
- The Note 6 Pro has a base model of 4GB RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage and a top model with 6GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. It comes with external slots for microSD cards of 256GB.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro charges with a Quick Charge 3.0 support compared to Note 5 Pro’s Quick Charge 2.0.
4. Redmi Note 5 Vs Redmi Note 6 Pro Look & Feel:
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro has more basic colours than the Redmi Note 5 Pro. The mi smartphone successor comes in four colour options: red, blue, black, and rose gold.
- On the other hand, Note 5 Pro comes in lake blue, black, champagne gold, and rose gold, which definitely sound more swanky and premium than the Note 6 Pro options.
- But Note 6 Pro has extra layers of protection with plastic shelling, metal casing, and scratch-resistant glass. It also has upgraded software with the Android 8.1 Oreo and MIUI 10 versus Android 7.1.2 Nougat and MIUI 9 in Note 5 Pro.
- The MIUI 10 has a new interface with full-screen gesture and an AI preload feature for caching background apps, which quickens app loading times.
If you’re thinking of buying either of the mi mobiles, the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store is the place to go! With an array of the latest smartphone offerings, from the newest Redmi phones to the cheapest Samsung phones, you can take your pick from the variety of options at your disposal based on your budget and needs. Value added benefits are aplenty as well. For instance, a pre-owned version of the Redmi Note 5 Pro can be availed at Rs. 9,999 (after a 52% discount) with zero down payment, speedy delivery and processing charges! What’s more, you can now even swap out your old handset and buy a pre-owned Redmi note 5, that’s as good as brand new!
So whichever phone you end up going for, overall, it is clear that Redmi Note 5 Pro was beaten by Note 6 Pro in specifications and features. Note 6 Pro’s camera and display boast better quality images and superior interactive viewing experiences. This makes it difficult for the Redmi Note 5 Pro to compete with its successor’s specifications. All this makes the Redmi Note 6 Pro worth the extra bucks you’ll need to put in to buy it.
To read many more interesting blogs on smartphones, check out: Redmi Note 7 mobile: A comprehensive review , Xiaomi Poco F1 Review , Mi A2 Mobile Phone Review and many more!
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere”!