In a bid to continue its efforts towards entering the Chinese-brands-dominated affordable smartphones segment for millennials, Samsung in February this year had launched the third in its Galaxy M series- the Samsung Galaxy M30. There are chances that if you are looking for a smartphone under Rs.20,000, you may not even consider Samsung. But this phone could just change that.
Let’s look at a comprehensive Samsung Galaxy M30 review and find out how it provides value for your money.
The cover of the book
- The design is very similar to that of the Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20.
- There is a U-shaped notch at the top and a 6.4 inch Super AMOLED display. This is what Samsung refers to as the Infinity U display.
- It has a plastic body with two colour variants- gradation blue and gradation black. There is a triple camera system at the back.
- The weight is manageable at 172 grams, even lower than its competitor Redmi Note 7 Pro with 186 grams.
- Other notable Samsung Galaxy M30 features are a face recognition lock and a fingerprint scanner.
Here is a comparison of hoe the Samsung Galaxy M30 compares with Galaxy M20 and M40 variants:-
What you capture and what you see
- There are three rear cameras on the feature-rich Samsung Galaxy M30 phone. There is a 13 MP primary camera, a 5MP depth sensor camera, and a 5 MP ultra-wide-angle camera with 123 degree field of view.
- The front camera is a good 16MP as well. The camera app comes with Panorama, Pro, Beauty, Live Focus, Stickers, and Continuous Shot modes.
- The super AMOLED display has a full HD+ resolution (1080×2340 pixels). There are a host of display options like Adaptive Display, AMOLED Cinema, AMOLED Photo and Basic, suited to different users.
- In Adaptive Display, you can change the white balance and colour levels.
Additional Read – Which Samsung model between the S10, S10e and S10+ is right for you?
What can make or break it
- These are the things that this Galaxy M30 review can boil down to. There are two variants of the phone, one with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, and one with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage.
- The storage is externally expandable up to 512GB. The processor is the formidable Samsung Exynos 7904 with octa-core functioning.
- The OS is Android 8.1 Oreo, but a version coupled with Samsung’s own Experience 9.5.
- You still have a right to complain about it not being Android 9. It has two nano-SIM card slots. A striking one of Samsung Galaxy M30 features is the gesture navigation.
What could have been better
- Dolby ATMOS sound- wait, don’t get too excited- is enabled only when you use headphones.
- On loudspeaker, the sound isn’t too impressive. Gaming for a long time can give you perpetual heating problems.
- The Samsung Galaxy M30 camera doesn’t give you the greatest results with low lighting.
The big deal
- Battery life is till date the biggest problem that you must have faced with smartphones regardless of their brand or price.
- A Galaxy M30 review cannot be complete without highlighting its battery life.
- This phone comes with a good 5000 mAh battery which can easily last you an entire day of active internet and app usage.
- The Galaxy M20, a lesser model in this series, also offers this feature.
At what cost?
- This latest category-changing offering by Samsung comes at Rs.9999 for the 3GB RAM version, Rs.11,999 for the 4GB RAM version, and Rs.16999 for the 6GB RAM version.
- The price for these competitive Samsung Galaxy M30 features is at par with that of the Samsung Galaxy A50, which offers Android Pie but with a lower battery life.
- The Samsung Galaxy A Series is available on Bajaj Finserv EMI Store, with EMIs starting from only Rs.1699/month.
The bottom line
Going by this Samsung Galaxy M30 review, it may seem that Samsung is trying its best to expand its brand value and enter the vast affordable smartphones market. And it does deserve credit for doing so. The rich camera features, display, and long battery life together make a package you should seriously consider; but not before reviewing other serious contenders as well. Nowadays, an urgent need for a smartphone is also not a problem with platforms like Bajaj Finserv EMI Store providing easy, no-cost EMI, speedy delivery and zero down payment options for a variety of gadgets.
Check out the wide range of latest Samsung smartphones on Bajaj Finserv EMI Store and avail exciting offers!
Related Post – Samsung A7 Mobile Phone Review
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you make it happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere”!