Summers make people appreciate all the cooling appliances we usually take for granted. From coolers to air conditioners to refrigerators, one would be thankful to every appliance that makes the heat bearable. However, when investing in these appliances, not many people do adequate research on the kind of appliance that is best suited for them.
For instance, let us look at the refrigerators. Most people would prefer buying a low-cost refrigerator based solely on its look, feel and design, rather than gaining insight into its actual technical features. One of the features that not many understand, but is extremely important is the frost-free refrigeration.
One needs to understand what frost-free refrigeration is, and how it affects the performance of a refrigerator.
To gain a better insight into frost-free refrigeration, it is first important to understand the difference between direct cooling and frost-free refrigeration technology.
Difference between Direct Cooling and frost-free refrigeration technology
- Back in the old days, refrigerators came with the direct cooling feature, that is, the cooling in the fridge took place by way of circulating the cool air without an external aid. Since this leaves the user with no way to control the temperature, the frost usually builds around the freezer box.
- The fridge used to come with a manual defrost button which the user would have to remember to press regularly to defrost the ice. Direct cooling is available in all single door, low-cost refrigerators.
What are frost free refrigerators and how they work?
- Owing to the new-age technology, a frost-free fridge offers an even distribution of cool air within the refrigerator by means of electric fans. Since this technology prevents the formation of ice, no defrosting is necessary.
- In a different variant of this technology, the refrigerator comes with three crucial parts – a timer, a heating coil and a temperature sensor.
After every six hours or thereabouts, the timer turns the heating coil on which is wrapped among the freezer coils. The heater melts the ice frosted on it and after a certain level of heat, the temperature sensor senses the rise in temperature and turns off the heater. This method, however, consumes more power and also affects the food stored inside the refrigerator.
- Single door frost-free refrigerators are rare to come by since this technology is more suited for double door refrigerators, which are ideal for bigger families.
- Due to the frost-free refrigeration feature, only a selected (controlled) portion of air emanating from the freezer makes it to the refrigerator.
Advantages of frost-free technology
There are several advantages of buying frost-free refrigerators.
- Customers don’t have to manually defrost the frost build-up in frost-free fridges. Thus, over time, the power consumption will not increase.
- Because of the frost-free refrigeration, it is much easier to see the food packaging. Furthermore, the frozen food do not stick together.
- Due to constant air circulation in frost-free refrigerators, the probability of experiencing bad odours in the fridge remains less.
- You can manage the temperature better in a frost-free refrigerator.
LG frost-free refrigerator is one of the leading brands of low cost refrigerators in the market that has managed to strike the right chord with its consumers. The fridge offers uniform cooling any time, using the linear compressor that delivers a more precise temperature control to help reduce internal fluctuations. Its even-cooling also directs the airflow to the front of the fridge for enhanced cooling in the door area. This advanced technology keeps the food fresh for up to 14 days.
Buying home appliances is a big decision, because you don’t get to change the appliances very often. A refrigerator is one of the most useful appliances in a household, and so it is only fair that apart from low cost refrigerators, you also look for technologically advanced refrigerators that cater to all your needs, and keeps the food lasting longer, with minimal effort and more comfort.
If you are looking for the best frost-free refrigerators, the Bajaj Finserv EMI store is definitely the right choice. All these latest refrigerators are available on the EMI store at the lowest prices, and at no-cost EMIs with zero down payments and no extra processing fee using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Card. If the product is somehow found damaged, the store immediately changes it or the customer gets a full cashback.
Check out all the latest refrigerator models on the Bajaj Finserv Online Store along with their features and prices in India. So there you go. Now what are you waiting for? Go buy your favourite fridge today!
To read more interesting blogs on refrigerators, you can check out: Single Door vs Double Door – Which LG refrigerator is better? Single Door v/s Double Door, Why 5 Star-refrigerators are more cost-effective in the long run, What will a refrigerator in 2030 look like?, and many more at Bajaj Finserv MARKETS Blogs.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!”