There is no death of speakers in the market today, giving us the problem of plenty. From budget-friendly to insanely expensive, there is a range of speakers available in each price segment. Growing up, our best way to judge an audio device was to listen to it playing live. However, with the meteoric rise of e-commerce in India over the past few years, most of these transactions are now done online. To get a better perspective of this trend, consider this – the e-commerce space has been adding nearly 6 million new entrants every month.
So, naturally, today, there are a lot of platforms online through which you can buy your next speaker. The Bajaj Finserv EMI Store further simplifies it for you by giving you access to 43,000 sellers across India offering more than 1 million products on no-cost EMI.
However, buying a speaker should not be a hasty decision. It should be a well-considered investment considering that a good buy can last for decades. It is thus crucial to do some online research and know what are the aspects you should look at while exploring options other than the no-brainer bass.
How to choose a speaker?
In this ultimate speaker buying guide, check out the quick snapshot of six speaker specifications & features you should look out for before buying a speaker:
- This basically tells you how high or low the speaker is going to play.
- It is usually mentioned in Hz (Hertz). For instance, a speaker you are looking at might mention its frequency response to be 50Hz-25kHz.
- This number simply signifies that the speaker would have the highest treble of 25kHz with and the lowest of 50Hz.
- Remember, lower the number, the deeper the bass of the audio device.
- Specified in Watts (W), the power handling specification of a speaker indicates how much power it can sustain.
- If the speaker gets more amount of power than what is mentioned, it is likely to get damaged.
- This is one of the most important features & specs to look at while exploring your options for the best audio device on the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store.
- Measured in decibels (dB), it indicates the loudness of a speaker – in either a non-echoing environment or a room environment.
- You should know beforehand that some brands specify the sensitivity measured in normal room environment, while others take into consideration a non-reverberant environment.
- It is important to note here that if the speaker’s sensitivity is measured in room environment, it will be inflated by 2 to 3 dB when compared to a non-echoing environment.
- Often ignored by buyers, the body of the speaker actually makes a big difference in the overall experience derived from an audio device. When considering a speaker, make sure that the body is made up of dense material.
- This is because light material vibrates the sound produced by the speaker, causing unnecessary disturbance in the quality of the sound.
- While you might not notice much of a difference in the highs, it does affect the bass of the speaker.
Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR):
- Many of us might not know this but the sound of a speaker also carries with it some amount of noise caused by the internal component of the audio device.
- Signal-to-noise specification tells you the amount of noise in the sound output in relation to the signal level. It is also expressed in decibels (dB). The higher the number, the better it is.
- This can be simply understood as the resistance of the speaker. So, lower the impedance of the speaker, the greater the current that flows through.
- A good speaker should be in the midway because if it has low impedance, it will assert further load on the amplifier by asking it to push more current.
- On the other hand, a high impedance is not good because a speaker needs its fair share of current to play optimally.
If you remember these little things while evaluating your options, you can be assured of making an investment that is likely to last you a lifetime.
If you are looking for the best speakers like JBL speakers, the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store is definitely the right choice. All these latest speakers are available on the EMI store at the best prices, and at no-cost EMIs with zero down payments and no extra processing fee using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Card. If the product is somehow found damaged, the store immediately changes it or the customer gets a full cashback.
Check out all the latest speaker models on the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store along with their features and prices in India. So there you go. Now what are you waiting for? Go buy your favourite one today!
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!”