The latest Android OS version is here and here is everything you need to know about Android Pie:
Officially called the Android 9 Pie, the latest version of Android is all set to enthral the Google Pixel owners and the beta program users namely Vivo, Nokia, OnePlus, Sony, Xiaomi etc simultaneously. Replacing the Android Oreo, the version 9 emphasises on “Digital Wellbeing” as mentioned on the dashboard before the release. The highlighted features of Android pie like redesigned notifications, settings and home launcher along with multiple camera compatibility are definitely head-turners for ‘notch’ devices. From the vibrant interface to seamless animations, an extended battery to fast navigation, the Android Pie is as delicious in functionality (or even better) as its predecessor dessert-named versions! Let’s take a look at all the Android pie features listed below.
Android Pie –Developer Features
With new ML Kit, APIs and display notches, the features of Android Pie are –
- App developers will have access to various new tools, APIs etc for creating compatible apps for this new version such as the notch like iPhone on top of the display.
- Developers will get ML Kit to utilize the technology of machine learning of Google on any device.
- Developers will be able to work with the new OS by making full use of Slices API and APP Actions.
- Tracking users using indoor WiFi RTT at a one-metre radius, support over HEIC images, increasing storage and enhanced photo compression is also offered by the Android Pie.
Android Pie –User Features
Better navigation and getup are the main features of Android Pie users. Users will get –
- Enhanced swiping gesture for navigation – Instead of using menu, home and back buttons at the bottom, you can swipe up for viewing recent apps and swipe left or right to switch between them.
- Customization of themes – Matching the wallpaper, you can switch between dark, light or neutral theme in Android 9 Pie. Besides, the rounded corners and white space is offered with the material theme.
- Adaptive brightness and battery – By analyzing your usage and habits, the new Android will allocate resources and battery to improve app performance while extending battery life.
- New Dashboard for curbing addiction – Released currently as a beta program, the new feature will show you your most used apps, the time spent on the smartphone, the number of times you unlocked the device and notifications you received. You will also be able to set time limits for usage of any application or phone. The Do Not Disturb button is another addition to minimize impact of sound and notifications.
- App Actions and Suggestions – By learning the common tasks done by you at a certain time, the Android Pie gives you suggestions regarding the functions, especially when you are connected to any accessory.
- Android Pie features the New emojis – from superhero to Ilama, the new 157 emojis will make messaging and commenting fun!
- Thorough messaging notifications – With Android Pie, you will get large messaging notifications with the highlighted name of senders, full conversations, suggested quick replies and get to attach stickers and photos easily.
Other Features Of Android Pie 9
With the above-mentioned Android Pie features for developers and users, there are some additional Android pie features that you will experience –
- Lens On Board
This integrated feature in camera helps in recognizing buildings, words etc and improving screenshots. Switching between two and more cameras is possible with “fused camera stream” that developers can utilize for innovation. The Multi-Camera API also enables simultaneous access of cameras by apps.
- Volume Control and Rotation
The Google Android Pie makes volume control efficient by enabling a pop-up screen featuring audio outputs and more in a vibrant and minimalist Settings menu. You no longer have to worry about reducing system volume while pressing the volume down button.
Coming to the rotation feature, the rotation button appearing on status bar will let you have full control over the phone rotation, no matter whether you have auto rotation turned off previously or not.
- Security Settings For Pie
From Android Settings, you can go to Security and Location to do the following –
- Pin/password – Pattern or Swipe action can be used to enhance the security for unlocking the phone. Minimum 4-character Pin is needed.
- Fingerprint – Go to Settings and scan your finger to enable fingerprint unlocking. Biometric identification is useful in money transactions.
- Locking – Voice and facial recognition and body detection for Smart Locking, or preventing in doing so with Lockdown Mode is offered by Android Pie.
Getting Android Pie
Installing the Google Android Pie is free and you can get it on the Google Pixel mobiles and the Essential phones through over-the-air notification of an update. You can also go to Settings, then System followed by Advanced. Choose the System Update option and click on “Check for Update”.
Those using the phones of the participant companies of beta program of Android Pie will get the update soon, while the users using phones with mainstream manufacturers may have to wait a bit longer. The Android 9 Pie with its privacy and functionality features is going to create a milestone.
Now explore a wide range of Android Smartphones on EMI at the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store.
Bajaj Finserv EMI store is your one-stop destination for electronic goods and home appliances, that are just a click away. To know about amazing deals and offers on electronic products like Mobiles, Laptops, Washing Machine, Refrigerators, Microwave Oven etc. at best prices visit Bajaj Finserv EMI store today. Bajaj card apply online makes it easier for you to apply for the Bajaj Finserv EMI Card.
Also, check out the most popular smartphones at The 5 Phones We All Still Want
Read more about 10 coolest mobile phone apps of 2019!, Here’s how your smartphone can become your gym trainer, 7 cool new technologies coming to mobile phones in 2019 and more on the Finserv MARKETS Blogs.