Vivo, the Chinese technology giant, is a recent entrant in India’s already crowded smartphone market. It is to their credit that they have been able to immediately capture customer’s attention in the low to mid-range segments with quality products like the delightful Vivo Y83.
A little about the Vivo Y83
The Vivo Y83 launched in 2018, a signature launch in their Y series range of smartphones. The Vivo Y83 reviews in the market have been great. Priced to compete in the mid-range segment, the smartphone caters perfectly to its core demographic with its excellent cameras and superior performance capabilities.
Recently, we have found out that many are unaware that Vivo is a sub-brand of the Chinese firm BBK Electronics, which also owns higher valued brands like OPPO and OnePlus.
Vivo Y83 Features
1. Body Design
- The Vivo Y83 features a 6.22-inch touchscreen display and weighs about 150 grams. The phone is available in a beautiful range of Vivo Y83 colours – Black, Aurora White, Red, Gold.
- The body is beautifully designed with subtly rounded edges and the famous ‘notch’ that houses the camera and other sensors. The maker has raised the screen-to-body ratio to a stunning 88%!
- The Vivo Y83 features a high-quality fingerprint sensor at the back and a face sensor built right into the notch. The face unlock feature, in particular, has won a lot of love from customers for its speedy and accurate working.
- Vivo Y83 features two SIM cards (including Nano SIMs) and has an expandable memory slot for a microSD Card of up to 256 GB.
- Vivo Y83 camera features include an 8 MP selfie camera. It also has a 13 MP rear primary camera.
- The Vivo Y83 camera features come with an LED flash on the back and other features like the portrait mode, while the selfie camera provides AI beauty features along with face unlock facility.
3. Hardware and Performance
- Vivo Y83 specification include a 2GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P22 processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU. While it does not enjoy the brand power of a Qualcomm Snapdragon, it is powerful enough to cater to pretty much anything you can throw at it.
- The Vivo Y83 specification include a 32 or 64 GB (with a 4GB RAM) and can be increased by another 256 GB with the external MicroSD.
Vivo Y83 Specifications
Let’s take a look at the Vivo Y83 full specifications, succinctly summarized for your convenience.
|BODY||Dimensions||155.2 x 75.2 x 7.7 mm (6.11 x 2.96 x 0.30 in)|
|Weight||150 g (5.29 oz)|
|SIM||Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|DISPLAY||Type||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.22 inches, 96.6 cm2 (~82.7% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~270 ppi density)|
|PLATFORM||OS||Android 8.1 (Oreo); Funtouch 4|
|Chipset||Mediatek MT6762 Helio P22 (12 nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53|
|MEMORY||Card slot||microSD, up to 256 GB|
|Internal||64 GB, 4 GB RAM (China), 32 GB, 4 GB RAM (India)|
|MAIN CAMERA||Single||13 MP, f/2.2, PDAF|
|Features||LED flash, HDR, panorama|
|SELFIE CAMERA||Single||8 MP, f/2.2|
|CONNECTIVITY||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS|
|USB||microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go|
|FEATURES||Sensors||Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity|
|BATTERY||Non-removable Li-Ion 3260 mAh battery|
|MISC||Colors||Black, Aurora White, Red, Gold|
|PRICING||Rs. 13,990 at the EMI Store|
Now that you have read all the Vivo Y83 specifications, you can head to the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store to get the gadget that you most desire and avail exciting offers with the EMI Card. Bajaj Finserv Card apply makes it easier for you to get the Bajaj Finserv EMI Card at no cost EMI and make the process smoother for you.
You can call this stunning phone your own, for a down payment of Rs. 3,498 and a low EMI of just Rs. 1,749. Enjoy free 1-day delivery and a warranty of 1 year on the phone (plus 6 months on all accessories). So hurry, get your Vivo Y83 from the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store, today!
Read more about Vivo V9 Vs Vivo V9 Youth: Which One Is Best for You?, Everything You Need to Know About Vivo V7 Smartphone, Vivo Y53 – The Best Smartphone Under 10,000 and more on the Finserv MARKETS Blogs.
Get cyber security for your smartphone from Finserv MARKETS for protection against any potential cyber threats and risks.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!”