This is the battle of dominance within the Android One family. There are two main contenders in market today, Xiaomi’s Mi A2 and HMD Global’S Nokia 6.1 Plus, and both of them offer a smooth experience and come with almost similar set of specifications and features. They may look pretty different from each other but performance wise the two handsets are the epitome of perfection. The Mi A2 and Nokia 6.1 look classy and elegant, feel near-premium, and offer a best-in-class user experience. They are the kind of smartphones that must be right at the top of your priority list. And there’s no better place to purchase such premium models than the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store – that too on No Cost EMI.
But first, in this Xiaomi Mi A2 vs Nokia 6.1 Plus battle, let’s decide which smartphone offers the best value for your money.
Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Mi A2- Design:
- The Xiaomi Mi A2 follows a more traditional approach featuring a unibody design with a metal finish at the back. It’s exceptionally slim at 7.3mm and incredibly lightweight at 168 grams. Thanks to the curved edges that wrap around the display, it sits perfectly in your palm.
- On the other hand, Nokia 6.1 Plus has a more premium look as it boasts of a glass panel at the back, with the edges made of aluminium. It is more compact and lightweight (151 grams) as compared to the Xiaomi device.
- The Mi A2 measures 158.7mm in height while the Nokia 6.1 Plus stands 148.8mm tall. The Nokia model looks more refined and feels handy and thus takes the lead here.
Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Mi A2- Display:
- The two smartphones feature big screens with tall aspect ratios but the size and design of their display varies considerably.
- While the Xiaomi Mi A2 boasts of a huge 5.99 inch Full HD+ display with 2160 x 1080 pixels resolution, the Nokia 6.1 Plus features a smaller 5.8-inch screen. Nokia has opted for a Full HD+ IPS display with a screen resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels on its phone.
- The Mi A2 is taller than its competitor and this is largely because Xiaomi has not has not put a notch on its display. Also there are more visible bezels on its front panel compared to that of the Nokia device.
- The smartphone also includes Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front panel while the Nokia 6.1 Plus gets the Gorilla Glass 3 layer.
- Displays of both devices are crisp and offer an immersive viewing experience, something that you will only get on a premium segment device.
- All multimedia content that you play on them comes out more natural and lifelike. So, it’s a tie here.
Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Mi A2- Camera
- When it comes to the camera department, the Mi A2 is back in the race with a bang. The smartphone features a powerful dual camera setup at the back, with a 12MP main camera and a 20MP secondary lens with f/1.7 aperture. This camera setup does not only appear impressive on paper but it also captures some of the most beautiful pictures that are full of details and colours.
- In fact, the Xiaomi’s A series is known for its camera capabilities. Its 20MP selfie camera is also capable of clicking DSLR-like photos with shallow depth of field.
- On the other hand, the Nokia 6.1 Plus’ dual-camera setup features a 16MP main sensor with f/2.0 aperture and a 5MP lens with f/2.0 aperture. For selfies lovers, Nokia offers a 16MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture. The Nokia 6.1 Plus also captures great photos but the Mi A2 provides better results.
Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Mi A2-Performance:
- This is another area where the two phones appear equally impressive. They both feature Qualcomm’s powerful mid-range processors and offer almost similar performance. While the Nokia 6.1 Plus is powered by the Snapdragon 636 chipset, the Mi A2 features the Snapdragon 660.
- Being members of the Android One family, both the smartphones run on Android 8.1 Oreo and give you a stock Android experience, which is extremely smooth. Also, there is not much difference in the user interface of both the devices. They both offer a superior and lag-free performance no matter what task you throw at them.
- The Nokia 6.1 Plus packs in 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 400GB.
- The Mi A2 comes with similar configuration but lacks expandable storage option. Also, you don’t get a 3.5mm audio jack in the Xiaomi device while the HMD Global’s phone has it.
Nokia 6.1 Plus vs Mi A2-Battery:
- In terms of batteries, both the phones are almost equal, with the Nokia 6.1 Plus featuring a 3060mAh cell and the Mi A2, a 3010mAh power unit. The difference is only of 50mAh – and that doesn’t really count at all. Both phones support fast charging.
- Both smartphones deliver on almost every count but carry their own strengths. While the Nokia 6.1 Plus looks more premium, the Mi A2 offers better camera.
So, it’s up to you to decide which smartphone is the best for you. Both Nokia smartphones as well as Xiaomi smartphones offer a bevy of the latest mobile phone models. But whichever handset you opt for, make sure you visit the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store, where you can avail deep discounts on your favourite mobiles, along with the No Cost EMI option and speedy delivery.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere”!