This is a battle for dominance between two of the best budget smartphones available in the market right now – the Realme 2 Pro and the Redmi Note 6 Pro. Both the phones have disrupted the budget segment with their elegant design language, bigger and better displays and improved camera performance. However, if you are eager to know how the two smartphones stack against each other, we compare them in this Redmi Note 6 pro vs Realme 2 Pro battle-
Who says that all budget smartphones look alike? Compare the Realme 2 Pro and the Redmi Note 6 Pro and they look pretty different, if you place them side by side.
- The Note 6 Pro gets the same glass and metal design as its predecessor, the Note 5 Pro; the Realme 2 Pro borrows its design language from a highly popular device of its parent firm Oppo.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro boasts a unibody design with a metal backplate placed over the plastic frame. Its camera module is positioned at the top left corner at the rear and is aligned vertically, similar to that of the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- The Realme 2 Pro gets a back panel which is made of multiple laminated layers, giving it a glass-like surface. Its rear camera setup is placed horizontally.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro and Realme 2 Pro are quite slim at 8.2mm and 8.5mm respectively and also lightweight at 182 gram and 174 grams. Both devices are perfect for one hand operation. Such elegantly crafted smartphones can be purchased at deep discounts along with some fascinating offers from the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store.
Next feature in the Mi note 6 pro vs Realme 2 pro is Display of the two smartphones:
- The Realme 2 Pro features a 6.3-inch Full HD+ display with a small dewdrop notch, which houses a front-facing camera. The screen is protected by the Gorilla Glass 3, so you need not worry about the lightest of scratches. The phone has an impressive edge-to-edge display and its screen-to-body ratio stands at 90 percent.
- The Redmi Note 6 sports a slightly smaller 6.26-inch FullHD+ display with a large cut out notch at the top. It has a screen-to-body ratio of 81.1 percent, less than that of the Realme 2 Pro, due to thick bezels at the front.
- There’s hardly any difference in quality and colour reproduction of both displays. They appear sharp, bright and immersive all the time. So, when we compare Realme 2 Pro and Redmi Note 6 Pro’s display performance, it’s a win-win situation for both.
This is the department where most of the budget phones struggle a lot. However, this is not the case with these smartphones. Their camera performance may not match that of the premium segment phones, but the Realme 2 Pro and the Redmi Note 6 Pro definitely offer the best cameras found in any budget smartphone.
- While the Realme device features a dual camera setup at the back, with a 16MP primary sensor and a 2MP depth lens, the Redmi phone houses a 12MP primary lens and a 5MP secondary sensor in its dual camera module.
- For selfies, the Note 6 gets a 20MP + 2MP dual front cameras, on the other hand the 2 Pro has a single 16MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture.
4. Processor and Performance:
- The Realme 2 Pro is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset along with the Adreno 512 GPU. It runs on a customized Oppo’s ColorOS 5.2, based on Android 8.1 Oreo platform.
- Realme makes it available in three storage variants: 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB and 8GB/128GB. There appears to be no lag whatsoever even during heavy multitasking on this device, which is rare for a budget smartphone.
- The Redmi Note 6 Pro, however, comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset that makes the smartphone look a little underwhelming when put against the Realme device. It comes in two storage variants, 4GB RAM/64GB storage and 6GB RAM/64GB storage.
- The Realme 2 Pro features by a 3500mAh battery with no fast charging support while the Redmi Note 6 Pro has a larger 4,000mAh power unit with fast charging support. However, it ships without a fast charger inside the box.
- While comparing Realme 2 pro vs Redmi note 6 pro we can surely say both have powerful batteries and a fast charging support.
In this battle of budget smartphones, the Realme 2 Pro and Redmi Note 6 Pro are locked in a neck and neck contest without any clear winner. So, if we compare Realme 2 Pro and Redmi Note 6 Pro, they appear equally good when it comes to the overall performance including display, camera and processor. If you want to get your hands on such value for money smartphones, you can purchase them at No Cost EMI and great offers using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Card, available on Bajaj Finserv MARKETS. It’s a hassle-free process where you just need to visit the head on over to the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store, which offers great deals, the latest products, and the option of payment through no cost EMI with zero down payment as well as speedy delivery of the products.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you make it happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere”!