After announcing a foldable handset in February 2019, the speculation and the wait is finally over. In a bid to create the future anew, Samsung recently launched its first foldable phone! After years of speculations and hype about a foldable mobile device, Samsung has finally launched their much-awaited foldable phone – Samsung Galaxy Fold. It promises to be a breakthrough device and a game changer in the mobile phone world.
Here is all you need to know all about Samsung’s foldable phone:
- The phone challenges any existing categories of smartphones with its futuristic design and seamless experience. The phone has two display screens – the front display, which is sleek and slim when folded. When unfolded, the screen is wider and looks like a small tablet.
- What is new and unique about the phone is its infinity flex display (foldable display) which is made of plastic instead of glass and is the USP of this handset. The display is 7.3 inches dynamic AMOLED.
- This is claimed to be the largest Galaxy smartphone screen to date and folds seamlessly like a book. Both screens are joined by duo hinges for smooth symmetrical movement. The Samsung Galaxy Fold has been tested for 200,000 folds which roughly translates to continued usage for approx. 5 years. Good for people who have always liked the concept of phablets (phone tablets) but wanted slimmer, a smaller option which can fit in a hand and is easy to carry around.
- This Samsung Galaxy flip phone fits comfortably in one hand with easy access to all apps. Easy to slip in a bag or pocket, it took Samsung 8 years of research to create something as magnificent as Samsung Galaxy fold.
Technological specifications of Samsung Galaxy Fold:
- Basic technical specifications of the handset remain the same as Samsung Galaxy S10 plus however this Samsung foldable mobile phone comes with an upgraded battery and RAM.
- The front display on the Samsung Galaxy Fold is 4.6 inches in size. It sports a HD+ Super AMOLED panel with an 840x1960p resolution. When unfolded, the phone turns into a 7.3-inch tablet with a Dynamic AMOLED display that has a resolution of 1536 x 2152p.
- The handset sports a 4380mAh dual battery, 12GB RAM and 512GB storage space. It is a phone which transforms into a tablet and fits easily into your pocket.
- Samsung foldable phone is slim when folded which lets you access and operate apps with a single hand, making it convenient to take calls as well as those countless selfies. Samsung Galaxy Fold comes with not 3 or 4 camera but with an array of 6 cameras to capture from any angle. The 3 cameras at the back are with specifications of a 16MP ultra wide lens, 12MP wide lens, and 12MP telephoto lens, placed vertically. The front camera when folded is a 10MP selfie camera.
- When unfolded the wider screen has another 10MP selfie camera with 8MP RGB depth camera placed horizontally. No matter how you hold it, those pictures and videos are going to be amazing with the ease and quality this Samsung Galaxy foldable phone provides.
- The phone also comes with a pair of Galaxy buds (wireless earphones) and is available in 4 colors for the handset and 2 colors for the hinge. Mix and match, to suit your style the best!
As of now, this Samsung folding phone is only available in the US. Samsung Galaxy Fold comes at a hefty price of approx. $1980. However, Samsung’s President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, DJ Kuo, has revealed that the $1980 foldable phone will certainly be launched in India may be along with the launch in other South Asian countries. It is obvious that the handset would be much more expensive here as it’s production is based outside and is attainable by hardcore Samsung fans or uber rich.
If you are looking for the best Samsung Smartphones, the Bajaj Finserv EMI store is definitely the right choice. All these latest Smartphones are available on the EMI store at the lowest prices, and at no-cost EMIs with zero down payments and no extra processing fee using the Bajaj Finserv EMI Card. If the product is somehow found damaged, the store immediately changes it or the customer gets a full cashback.
Check out all the latest mobile phone models on the Finserv MARKETS EMI Store along with their features and prices in India. So there you go. Now what are you waiting for? Go buy your favourite device today!
To read more interesting blogs on smartphones you can check out: Top 10 Latest Samsung Smartphones, Latest Smartphone Features To Watch Out For in Smartphone, Are foldable phones really needed? 10 things you can do on your phone that you probably did not know, and many more at Bajaj Finserv MARKETS Blogs.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!”