We cannot imagine an Indian summer without succulent, juicy, sweet and heavenly mangoes. Mango is known as the king of fruits in India and is the only saving grace in the extreme Indian summer. To give mangoes its due honour, India hosts the International Mango Festival every year in New Delhi. In 2019, the two-day festival was held from July 9-10 at Dilli Haat, New Delhi.
The international festival draws sellers, growers and mango lovers from around the world. This two-day event is a special feast of the senses and taste buds for foodies because the stalls are led by chefs from 5-star hotels across the country. Of course, the star of the show is the mango and the mouth-watering mango recipes from around the world.
If you are a mango lover, you will certainly love these 3 best mango recipes that are simply irresistible and are curated from three different countries.
Singaporean mango jelly
|Mango pulp (pureed)||200 grams|
|Ripe mango (peeled & finely chopped)||1 large sized|
|Gelatine (unflavoured)||6 teaspoons|
|Coconut milk||200 ml|
|Milk powder||6 tablespoons|
|Pomegranate kernels for garnishing||25 grams|
Method of preparation:
- Take 5 cups of water and 150gm of sugar and cook over low flame on a pan. Leave until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add the gelatine and cook until it dissolves completely in the sugar syrup.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add pureed mango pulp, coconut milk and milk powder until it blends well.
- Add finely chopped mangoes and stir.
- Pour into individual moulds and place in the refrigerator until it takes shape.
- After the mango jelly is set, add pomegranate kernels for garnishing and serve.
The good thing about Singaporean cuisine is that it’s a potpourri of different cuisines such as Indian, Thai, western, Malaysian, Indonesian, Sri Lankan, Chinese and Middle Eastern. It has a large immigrant population and visiting the country is like stepping into a scrumptious food and cultural feast.
Though it’s the summer season, you should visit Singapore between April and July if you plan to enjoy shopping, food festivals and other festivities. Don’t forget to get travel insurance for Singapore before you start your journey as it gives you protection and peace of mind to relax and enjoy your holidays. You can buy travel insurance online with a few clicks on Finserv MARKETS. Whether you are going solo or with your family, Bajaj Allianz travel insurance protects you during flight delays, medical emergencies, and from unexpected travel and accommodation expenses.
Indian chilled mango cheesecake
For the base:
|Biscuits (digestive, arrowroot or ginger)||20 pcs or 125gm|
|Powdered sugar||1 tablespoon|
For the filling:
|Chilled cream||2 cups/ 480gm|
|Curd/ Dahi||2 cups/ 500gm|
|Mango slices for decoration|
Method of preparation:
- Crush the biscuits into powder
- Heath butter to melt in a pan and add biscuit powder and mix well. Shut off the stove and add sugar.
- Line the base of the cake tin evenly with biscuits and butter mixture. Pat the mixture until it flats firmly and leave it to cool.
- Add gelatine in half cup of water and allow it to soak.
- Now prepare the custard by mixing sugar, salt, egg yolks and mango pulp and cook over low heat until it blends completely and the mixture thickens.
- While the custard is still warm, add soaked gelatine mixture and stir continuously until it has a coating-like consistency. Now remove from heat and allow it to cool and set a bit.
- Start whipping the chilled cream until it becomes thick. Add curd and cream on the custard once it sets partially.
- Take this mixture and pour it on the cake tin and level the surface smoothly. Leave it overnight for 6-8 hours to set in the refrigerator.
- Before you serve, loosen the edges of the cake tin using a blunt knife between the pan sides and the cake.
- Finally, transfer the cake to a serving plate and garnish with mango slices over the top. Serve chilled.
Mexican mango hab
anero hot sauce
|Carrot||1, cut in 2.5 cm chunks|
|White onion (chopped in large pieces)||½ onion|
|Mangoes (cut in to 2.5 cm chunks)||3|
|Habanero chillies (whole without stems)||1-2|
|Distilled white vinegar||½ cup|
|Coarse sea salt||1 teaspoon|
Method of preparation:
- Place the carrots, onion and water in a blender and create puree.
- Add mangoes and puree until smooth. Blend along with habaneros for one more minute until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large saucepan, add vinegar, honey and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Then, cover partially with a lid and simmer for about 30 minutes. You will notice that the sauce coats the wooden spoon when it’s ready. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan surface.
- Shut off the heat and allow it to cool before serving.
- Goes well with meat, tacos and anything that deserves a hot sauce.
Though India is the biggest producer of mangoes in the world, the fame of mangoes has spread far and wide. You can enjoy fantastic mango recipes around the world. What better way to taste these Singaporean, Mexican, Thai, Malaysian and other mango dishes right at the place of their origin.
The next time you plan a visit any of these countries for a holiday, don’t forget to savour these delightful recipes. And don’t forget to buy travel insurance online on Finserv MARKETS before you leave. Whether you need travel insurance for Singapore, USA or Malaysia, Bajaj Allianz offers you the most comprehensive travel insurance coverage – not limited to medical exigencies but also home burglaries, loss of passport, emergency cash, and trip curtailment and cancellation.
Head to Finserv MARKETS to buy travel insurance online within minutes!
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!