Whether you are headed for a trip for business reasons or for a leisurely vacation, you don’t want it to be ruined by unforeseen situations. Yet, travel is replete with possibilities of something going wrong – whether it is the loss or delay of your checked-in baggage or an unforeseen medical expense, a slight hiccup in the process has the potential to ruin the entire itinerary. Therefore, travel insurance is an integral part of travelling safe and worry-free. It acts as a safety net for financial emergencies during your travel. Travel Insurance protects you against travel-related accidents, unexpected medical expenditure, flight-related crises such as baggage loss, interruption or delays in flights or delayed arrival of baggage etc.
Even so, people often think multiple times before buying a policy. With travel insurance available starting as cheap as Rs 308 per person on Finserv MARKETS, there is no reason why you should take the risk. With a speedy, in-house claim settlement process and on-call support anywhere in the world, Finserv MARKETS ensures a hassle-free trip. And it is easy to get the policy online sans tedious paperwork or heavy documentation. Here are a few key reasons a travel policy is worth it:
- Trip cancellation coverage: Not everything is under our control. What happens if someone gets sick and cannot travel, or there’s a death in the family, or for that matter, you are held back by work or appointments? Travel insurance covers you for trip cancellations and trip curtailments. This plan reimburses you for prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you cancel your trip before departure. And in case you cut your trip short and return to India, this plan covers any losses incurred due to cancellation of accommodation and change in airfare.
- Protection against flight-related and baggage-related risks: There are a number of things that can go wrong here – for starters, your flight could get delayed or you could miss your connecting flight. A good policy will provide reimbursement for additional expenses incurred such as an extra night in a hotel or a meal at a restaurant. Airlines sometimes misplace or delay the delivery of your checked-in baggage. It can be pretty hard to enjoy your vacation without your luggage. Travel insurance can make provision for that as well.
- Protection against risks of natural or man-made disasters: As an efficient travel-planner you book flights and accommodation in advance. But what if there’s a natural disaster like a hurricane or an earthquake where you were headed? What if there’s a terrorist attack? Of course, these are rare events and we hope such events don’t take place, but there’s nothing you can do about it. All your travel and booking fees, on the other hand, will go down the drain as most of these fees are non-refundable. A travel insurance can safeguard against this.
- Safeguard against unforeseen medical emergency expenses: One of the most important offerings of any travel insurance is the coverage for medical facilities and expenses. Standard medical plans will usually not cover for medical bills from another country. On top of it, medical expenses can be very high in some countries, particularly those in the West. Insurance plans often cover for medical repatriation, which involves arranging for transport to move an insured to their country of residence during a medical emergency, in addition to daily hospitalization allowance. Some plans offer cashless hospitalization and medical services benefit through the network of hospitals under the plan. The Bajaj Allianz Travel insurance plan, available on Finserv MARKETS, for example, has a network of 10,000+ hospitals around the globe. Be it hospitalization or day care procedures, Bajaj Allianz Travel insurance plan offers coverage up to $10,00,000 – the highest in the industry.
- Coverage for personal liability and emergency assistance in an unfamiliar land: Travel insurance also extends coverage for personal accident. This encompasses incidents of injuries on your way to/from the airport or during your trip. A robust plan will also cover you for cash crunch while travelling by offering emergency cash benefits.
Since you are already booking your tickets and hotels online, why not add the same convenience to your policy? You can buy travel insurance online from the comfort of your home on Finserv MARKETS. All you need to provide is your age proof, travel dates, and the prepaid trip cost. As mentioned before, getting the policy is a wise step – one that you will thank yourself for, should trouble arise.
Also read about the different types of travel policy such as individual, family and student travel insurance.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!