Ayushman Bharat Scheme is a National Health Protection scheme launched by PM Narendra Modi. The scheme aims to facilitate healthcare services to over 10 crore poor families with insurance cover up to Rs 5 lakh per family. The PMJAY scheme under Ayushman Bharat Yojana is considered to be the biggest government-sponsored health scheme in the world. Listed below are some of the most important details of the scheme:-
Who is covered under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
The Ayushman Bharat scheme covers all economically backward people in both rural and urban areas. The eligible members will be identified based on the data from the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011. The entire process, right from application to medical treatments is paperless and cashless in public hospitals as well as empanelled private hospitals. Furthermore, there’s no limit on the age or size of the family members to ensure the inclusion of women and children. Here are the specific eligibility criteria for the Ayushman Bharat Scheme:-
1. For rural areas:
- Families living in one room with kachcha roof and kachcha walls
- Families who have at least one disabled member and no able-bodied adult member
- Families with no members aged between 16 and 59
- Families with no adult male members between the 16-59 age group
- SC/ST households
- Families who earn through manual casual labour
- Destitute who survive on alms
- Manual scavenger families
- Tribal groups
- Legally-released bonded labourers
2.For urban areas:
- Gardener, sweeper, sanitation workers
- Artisan, handicrafts worker, tailor, home-based worker
- Driver, conductor, transport worker, helper to drivers and conductors, cart-puller, rickshaw puller
- Peon in small establishment, helper, attendant, waiter shop worker, assistant, delivery assistant
- Ragpicker, Beggar, Domestic worker
- Street vendor, cobbler, hawker, other service providers working on the streets
- Construction worker, plumber, mason, labour, painter, welder, security guard, coolie, and other head-load workers
- Electrician, mechanic, assembler, repair worker
- Chowkidar, washerman
How to Apply for Ayushman Bharat Scheme?
To avail the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, you need to be eligible under the above eligibility criteria. However, If you don’t qualify under the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you will not be able to apply for the scheme. You can check for Ayushman Bharat registration and eligibility through the ‘Am I Eligible’ application either through the PMJAY mobile app or website. You can also call the Ayushman Bharat call centre using the toll-free number 14555 to re-confirm your eligibility criteria.
Thanks to government initiatives like Ayushman Bharat, the economically backward sections of the country will be able to enjoy the benefits of health insurance. Even if you aren’t eligible under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme, you can still secure affordable health insurance for yourself and your family with Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance from Finserv MARKETS. To apply or know more about Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance, visit Finserv MARKETS today!
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we works towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs . What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”