Italy, undoubtedly Europe’s most enticing country, charms visitors with sumptuous food, mind-blowing architecture, diverse scenery and unparalleled art. In fact, it’s packed with so many must-visit destinations that it can almost be overwhelming at times. Italy is the fifth most visited country in the world and is home to 54 UNESCO World Heritage sites.
Here is a list of the world-famous destinations in Italy, along with their locations:
- Colosseum, Rome
- Venice Canals, Venice
- Pompeii, Naples
- Leaning Tower of Pisa, Pisa
- Amalfi Coast, Naples
- Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore, Florence
- Vatican City, Vatican
- Roman forum, Rome
- Milan Duomo, Milan
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican
While every city in this beautiful destination offers scenic satisfaction and an experience of a lifetime, here are a few famous places you should definitely visit in Italy:
- Florence: A few days in Florence will get you picking out the incomparable art in the Uffizi gallery, which is home to some of Leonardo da Vinci’s paintings as well as Michelangelo’s famous statue of David. Florence is also a city that is home to some of the most vibrant restaurants and a great nightlife. It offers cultural events that give visitors a chance to relish classical music and contemporary art.
- Rome: Here, the classical ruins and old Christian places of worship are located next to Renaissance palazzos and Baroque fountains. The city’s mild Mediterranean weather is just another good excuse for people to visit this destination, but the main attraction will always be entertainment and theatre. Rome offers art, architecture and history in vibrant harmony: The Colosseum and the Pantheon, St Peter’s Basilica, the Sistine Chapel and the Trevi Fountain.
- Venice: Situated across a group of 118 islands, linked by over 400 bridges and separated by canals, Venice is an extraordinary city. Step into this destination and glide down the famous Grand Canal and capture those memorable moments of the unmatchable beauty of Venetian architecture. Shop at the Rialto Market, or enjoy Venice’s secret cicchetti tradition – small plates of food accompanied with a glass of wine.
- Naples: If you love some sun, sand and water, this is where your soul would find peace. Naples is a place that offers unexpected elegance. Once here, make sure to visit Pompeii to check out ruined cityscapes; later head to Mt. Vesuvius, but make sure to be very careful as it is an active volcano.
Checklist to Include while travelling to Italy:
- The temperature in Italy remains chilly throughout the year, so carry warm clothes to avoid any medical termination.
- A stylish pair of sunglasses would clearly add to the charm of your touristy spirit.
- Passport should be kept handy.
- Carry enough currency to avoid running around to look for ATMs or for money exchange.
- A well charged power bank to keep your phone charged. You’d need some assistance from Google maps and translator.
- An updated travel insurance policy, which covers any damage or theft is an absolute essential. A good policy will keep you protected at all times. If you haven’t purchased one already, check out the various travel insurance plans available on our platform!
While you plan a tour to Italy, make sure it is no less than a week or 10 days. This to ensure that you pay a visit to every famous attraction in Italy (if not every city) and come back with memories that will last a lifetime.
With Finserv MARKETS, buying travel insurance online is easy, quick and completely hassle-free. What’s more? The entire process is online and can be accessed right from the comfort of your home! So why wait? Buy a travel policy with us, today!
Also read about travel insurance benefits before you buy a policy so that you are prepared during an emergency.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!