Who can resist playing an all-out paint war with friends, right? You are guaranteed to have a great time, especially when it’s accompanied with music, dance and delicious food. And as an Indian, we celebrate the festival of Holi every year with lots of enthusiasm and excitement.
Holi is a Hindu spring festival, which is predominantly celebrated in India and Nepal. It has now spread to other Asian and Western countries and is being celebrated as a festival of love. The occasion signifies the victory of good over evil and the end of winter. It is also celebrated as thanksgiving for a good harvest.
The festival lasts for a night and the following day. Falling in the month of phalgun (Hindu calendar), the night of full moon, it is celebrated as “Chhoti Holi” and the next day is the Rangwali (Rang meaning colour). People across the country play Holi differently, as per their culture/beliefs.
Here are the best destinations in India that celebrate Holi in the most grandeur ways:
- Mathura and Vrindavan (Uttar Pradesh): It is the birthplace of Lord Krishna; the festival originated from this place. The famous Banke-Bihan temple in Vrindavan hosts a week-long celebration.
- Anandpur Sahib (Punjab): The Holi festival here formulates into “Hola Mohalla”. Sikhs practice their military exercises and hold mock battles. It is a three-day grand festival full of vibrant colours, dance and music.
- Panjim and Mumbai: The beaches of both the cities have maximum colours in the air as well as on the shores. Huge parades mark the start of the festival with foreigners participating in it too.
Apart from India, there are various countries across the globe that celebrate this festival of colours, such as:
- Barcelona (Spain): Barcelona is famous for its evergreen festivals and Holi is one of the most enjoyed and celebrated in Madrid. The year 2017 saw a grand festive at the Avinguda de la Reina Maria Cristina, attended by more 20,000 locals and Indians.
- Gold Coast, Australia: The Bond University hosts Holi celebrations, seeing maximum participation from the students and locals who engage in playing with vibrant colours, dancing in the water and other fun activities.
- Dubai, UAE: This country is known to share friendly cultural ties with India and is seen celebrating the festival in full glory every year. Wonderland Park in Dubai hosts a grand Holi bash and the amusement park never fails to keep the thrill level high.
While the festival demands you to forget everything else and enjoy, one needs to pay his / her undivided attention towards personal safety and security. This is of utmost importance if you’re travelling abroad to celebrate Holi. Make sure to buy a travel insurance policy as it guarantees to safeguard you in case of a medical or other emergency. If you haven’t already, check out the various travel plans on Finserv MARKETS, today!
Read about the various benefits of travel insurance to properly use your policy.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!