When you are out on your bike or scooter, even a small glitch like a flat tyre can leave you helpless. Being stranded in a far-off place with a broken-down vehicle is not only frustrating but also dangerous. This is when a bike roadside assistance cover will come to your rescue. It is an add on cover offered with bike insurance policy.
By opting for this add on cover, you can avail a host of services whenever your two-wheeler breaks down. Right from towing to helping with minor repairs, a roadside cover will ensure that you receive help on time. All you need to do is call up your insurance provider, and they will send an assistance crew to your rescue as soon as possible.
But before we get to the benefits of bike roadside assistance, let us first elaborate the factors that need to be taken into consideration before seeking this add-on cover.
Factors to Consider Before Buying Roadside Assistance Cover
Here are a few factors that you need to consider before you seek roadside assistance coverage along with your primary two wheeler insurance policy:-
Age of your vehicle
Over the course of time, the mechanical and electrical issues in your bike tend to increase. It is due to this reason that most insurance providers are quite reluctant to offer this cover to motorcycles that are older than five years.
However, if at all they do offer this coverage, the annual charges are relatively high. On the other hand, your bike manufacturer also provides you with two wheeler roadside assistance packages along with the vehicle.
For instance, a roadside add on cover for your bike may cost INR 1780 in the first year, INR 2950 in the second year, and INR 3750 from third year onwards.
Number of services available
At times, the roadside assistance cover offered by the insurers has a limit on the number of times you can avail a specific service. For instance, some insurers provide emergency breakdown assistance for only six times in a year; whereas certain providers offer the same facility on an unlimited basis. Hence, when choosing bike insurance, make sure you are considering this aspect as well.
The price of the coverage mainly depends on the age of your vehicle and the number of services you have availed. However, another critical aspect that is taken into consideration is your regular travel route. The plan prices are different for people who travel only within the city than the people who travel intercity often.
How does Roadside Assistance Work?
As mentioned earlier, all you have to do is call your insurer for help, and they will send across a crew for your rescue in no time. Usually, all services are free, but in some cases, you have to bear the expense from your pocket. For instance, if you run out of fuel and your vehicle needs refueling, then you will have to pay for it. You can also avail taxi and accommodation services if needed. This kind of facility comes in handy during monsoons, since the chances of a breakdown are higher.
Benefits of Roadside Assistance with Two Wheeler Insurance at Finserv MARKETS
The add on cover by Finserv MARKETS offers spot assistance no matter where you are. Here are the benefits covered under it:-
- Towing: In case your two-wheeler suffers a major breakdown, we will arrange for a towing service to deliver your vehicle to the nearest network garage or authorized service center under the roadside assistance cover.
- Accommodation Benefits: In the event of an accident or a breakdown, we will cover the cost of accommodation for one day, provided the event has occurred beyond 100 kilometres from your place of residence.
- Minor Repairs: Our bike roadside assistance cover also provides minor repairing services that can be carried out on the spot to get your vehicle going.
- Flat Tyre: If your two-wheeler suffers a flat tyre while you are on the road, the add-on cover will help arrange for a tyre replacement.
- Spare Keys Assistance: If you happen to lose your bike keys accidentally or it gets stolen, we will arrange for the pickup and delivery of spare keys to the spot where your vehicle is located.
- Emergency Fuel: It also arranges for fuel delivery to your mentioned location if your vehicle happens to run out of fuel.
- Flat Battery: If your vehicle suffers a breakdown due to a flat battery, we will make alternative arrangements to make your vehicle mobile again.
- Taxi Benefits: In the event of an accident or breakdown, our roadside assistance cover will help arrange free travel for all the occupants of the vehicle to a single destination, within a vicinity of 40 kilometres from the spot of breakdown/accident.
- Legal Advice: In the event of an accident, you can avail free legal advice from a legal advisor over the phone.
- Breakdown Support Over the Phone: If your vehicle breaks down due to minor mechanical errors, you can avail free telephonic assistance and fix the minor problems then and there.
How to Get Bike Roadside Assistance?
A bike roadside assistance is not a standalone policy. It is an add-on cover that needs to be purchased with a comprehensive bike insurance plan. You can buy two wheeler insurance online conveniently at Finserv MARKETS.
Choose the comprehensive coverage preferable to you, enter personal and bike details, set the Insured Declared Value (IDV), choose bike roadside assistance, and proceed to make an online payment. With each add-on cover you choose, the associated charges are applicable over the existing premium costs.
After a successful online payment, the comprehensive plan with bike roadside assistance cover will be sent to you on your registered email address.
Should You Seek Roadside Assistance Cover?
When it comes to bike maintenance and protection, bike roadside assistance is an essential aspect. In case of any unfortunate events, this add-on benefit comes in handy.
You can apply for an add on cover along with a basic two wheeler insurance policy and discover the joy of riding worry-free! Zero depreciation bike insurance is another add on cover apart from roadside assistance that you must know about before buying a policy.
Buy your Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance policy through the bike insurance app from Finserv MARKETS, to benefit from features like cashless claims, hassle-free renewals, swift claim settlement process, and much more.
So, why wait? Get insured today!
Read our top blogs to know more about two wheeler insurance in India:
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we works towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.