The world is faced with an unprecedented crisis due to the rapid spread of COVID-19. Countries across the world have been finding it difficult to contain the infection. A rapid escalation in the number of infected has overwhelmed the healthcare system in many countries. The World Health Organization has come out with a set of operational guidelines for countries to strike a balance between the responses to the pandemic and essential services. The WHO has been releasing guidelines and advisories for both governments and the public. However, a pandemic of the scale of COVID-19 cannot be contained by governmental efforts alone. General public too will have to take the responsibility as they adhere to coronavirus dos and don’ts.
The WHO, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and several doctors have released a number of tips on coronavirus . Here are a few coronavirus dos and don’ts for different categories of people.
Do’s and Don’ts for Children’s safety
- Wash your hands frequently, with soap water at least for 20 seconds or clean your hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Washing hands is mandatory after coughing and sneezing.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or elbow while sneezing. Dispose off the tissue and wash your hands immediately after sneezing.
- Don’t venture out, especially to crowded places. Try to stay indoors as long as possible
- Children should not be allowed to come in close contact with anyone with flu-like symptoms
- Provide a nutritious diet to children with adequate water, Give citrus fruits, vegetables, beans and lentils.
Do’s and Don’ts for the Elderly
Most of the coronavirus dos and don’ts like washing hands and covering mouth while sneezing apply to people in all age groups. However, it has been observed that the disease is more fatal for older people. The bulk of mortality has been reported among elderly people. Here are some of the coronavirus tips for the elderly.
- Elderly people should regularly exercise and meditate to maintain robust health and immunity
- Take prescribed medicines regularly without fail
- Clean the floor and frequently touched areas in the house at least once in a day
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes and mouth
- Do not go to the hospital or clinics for check-ups or follow-ups. It could increase the chances of getting infected. Opt for telemedicine and teleconsultation wherever possible
- Avoid crowded places like markets and parks and stay indoors
- Talk to your relatives and friends who do not stay with you frequently. It will help in maintaining mental health
Advice from Doctors
While specific coronavirus tips will help people in particular age groups, the nature of the pandemic demands responsible behaviour from all. Several doctors have come out with important coronavirus dos and don’ts. Here are some of the common ones.
- Wear a cloth mask over your mouth, especially when venturing out. Tight-fitting masks with rubber bands are the most effective ones. It will protect others from your droplets.
- Follow credible sources like government advisories for information related to the disease.
- Maintain adequate supplies of groceries and other essential items so that you do not have to step out frequently. But do not hoard.
- Cancel elective medical appointments and treatments
- Avoid shaking hands or hugging relatives and friends
- Follow social distancing norms at all times
- Don’t visit older relatives, if not extremely necessary
- Don’t touch your eyes, mouth or nose without washing your hands.
- Be mindful of the surfaces you touch. Sanitize your phone frequently as it is one of the most touched objects.
The pandemic has affected major swathes of the planet and there are still no treatments available. However, rather than panicking, you should take all precautions and be ready for all eventualities. Get Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance, available at Finserv MARKETS, and protect all the members of your family through one policy. It is easy and convenient to buy this policy through our Insurance section.
Download Our App
Personalized choices for Loans, Cards, Insurance, Investments & UPI Payments along with No Cost EMI offers to shop for a wide range of lifestyle products – discover more on the Finserv MARKETS App.
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.