With the rise in technology and the use of smartphones, we are able to manage our social, business and private data anywhere and anytime. But when doing so, how many of us think about cyber security and data privacy?
In today’s world, when cyber security is quite essential, no individual should take it lightly. When it comes to companies and businesses, having their confidentiality intact is very critical. However, as smartphones are vulnerable to cyber-attacks, organizational must take the necessary steps to avoid a data breach.
Threats to Smartphone Security
We all know for a fact that advertising networks utilize user profiles so that they can sell personalized ads. Unfortunately, one way in which they acquire information about us is via our smartphones.
In technical terms, the application developers build an advertising library from a network during app compilation. In simple words, the ad code runs within the same process as that of the host application. Depending on the kind of application you have installed on your phone, the ad networks have access to your details like
- Workout activities
- Possible medical conditions
On the other hand, the best way to collect an individual’s information is by simply having access to their smartphones or tablets. Ransomware is one of the most significant threats to mobile devices. Your employees could be targeted by competitor companies, further getting access to your company’s sensitive data.
How to Secure Your Smartphones?
When it comes to security, there are several ways in which you can keep data on your mobile devices secure. It is termed as ‘cyber security hygiene’. Most of these are standard practices.
- Always use a strong password or biometric authentication for unlocking your mobile devices
- Try installing applications from trusted developers on an official market
- Think twice before granting permission to an application. For instance, does a flashlight application need to know your current location?
- Revoke certain critical permissions when you are not using the applications
- Disable your Bluetooth and Location services when not in use
- Never try to use a ‘jailbroken’ or ‘rooted’ mobile devices as they disable security against third-party applications. This further gives them access to privileged operations.
- If available, make use of the two-factor authentication
- Install an antivirus application on your mobile phone
- Upgrade your phone software to the latest. Also, make sure that you are upgrading the applications to their latest version whenever available.
Apart from these basic guidelines, a company should also buy cyber insurance. A cyber insurance policy is specially designed to help businesses mitigate risk exposure by covering the costs involved in the recovery of a cyber-related security breach.
Are you looking to buy a digital insurance policy?
In that case, you can buy Bajaj Allianz cyber insurance online with us at Finserv MARKETS. Our cyber security plans have multiple layers of protection that makes sure your data and system are well-secured against malicious attacks. You can avail affordable premiums, extensive coverage, and so much more.
So, why wait? Buy Cyber Insurance at Finserv MARKETS, right away!
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!