Nowadays, working individuals are living a hectic lifestyle. Amidst all their work pressure, they tend to ignore their health problems. Avoiding major health conditions lead to the severity of diseases. In 1952, the Employee State Insurance Scheme (ESIS) was designed to secure the employees during medical contingencies like disability, sickness, maternity, and so on. With the ESIS Scheme, there has been a significant improvement in the health care of every working professional.
Although the ESIS Scheme covers over 2.13 workers in India, you must check the eligibility before enrolling. Meeting the applicability of the ESIS Scheme will help you to meet your medical requirements or expectations with ease. Read on to find out the applicability of the scheme:
1. Applicability of the ESI scheme
Under Section 2(12) of the Employee State Insurance (ESI) Act :
- It is applicable to each employee in the non-seasonal factories, which employs ten or more workers.
Under Section 1(5) of the Employee State Insurance (ESI) Act:
- It covers shops, hotels, movie theatres, restaurants, newspaper establishments, non-banking financial institutions, airport authorities, warehouse authorities, and so on.
- It also extends its benefits to private medical and educational institutes employing ten or more employees in specific states and union territories.
AREAS COVERED UNDER THE ESIS SCHEME:
- A total of over 340 districts and 34 states and union territories are covered under the scheme.
- It comprises of 354 fully notified districts and 186 partially notified districts under Districts Headquarters Areas and Centers.
Once you confirm the applicability, learn the features of the ESIS Scheme. Knowing the features will simplify the understanding process further. Therefore, go through the following features mentioned below:
- The ESIS Scheme provides complete medical attention to all the people registered under the ESI Act, 1948.
- It offers continuous financial support to those employees who take leaves during illnesses.
- It covers the beneficiaries with medical support as well. Over 12.40 crore beneficiaries are included under the scheme.
- It categorizes its essential benefits into two broad concepts: 1. Cash benefits for sickness, maternity, and so on. 2. Non-cash benefits throughout the medical care
To sum up, The ESIS Scheme is a quality health scheme for the betterment of the workers. Before enrolling for the plan, check your eligibility on the official government website. Once you qualify as an applicant, apply for health insurance from Finserv MARKETS. Bajaj Health Insurance from Finserv MARKETS is an ideal solution to protect your health without letting it affect your mental as well as financial stability.
Also, read about Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY Scheme) to know more about government health schemes.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!