The rapidly increasing health problems in rural India have become a major concern. Moreover, the rural population tends to avoid medical treatments due to inadequate resources. Expensive treatments and lack of quality services are the prime reasons that keep the low-income families from getting health check-ups. To cater to the needs of the vulnerable, the Government of India has introduced a scheme in 2018.
Before enrolling for the scheme, every individual must know the basics of the plan. Hence, let’s begin by understanding what Ayushman Bharat Scheme is in great detail:
1. Definition of Ayushman Bharat Scheme
It was launched by the Prime Minister of India, on September 5, 2018. The primary aim of the PMJAY Scheme is to provide aid to poor families during medical contingencies. It covers over 10.47 crores of the poor households in India with health coverage of Rs. 5 Lakh. Additionally, it handles extra medical expenses like follow-ups, day-care surgeries, and pre-existing diseases.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme is only a year old. Hence, a larger portion of the poor Indian population is unaware of the scheme. The lack of education about the plan keeps the people away from enrolling for such scheme. Take a look at the significance of such government scheme mentioned below:
Have a look at the following statistics by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) regarding the current health status in the nation:
- The hospital expenses have significantly risen to 300% associated with critical illnesses.
- 80% of the Indian households shell out money from their pockets to treat medical emergencies.
- Over 6 million of the rural population drowns in poverty while paying off the expensive hospital bills.
- The Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme focuses on providing their services and financial support to at least 40% of the Indian rural population.
Certain people are under the wrong notion that the government splurges their money in the name of tax payments. However, this is not the case as scheme prevents your financial losses during contingencies. To find out how; take a look below:
3. Why should I care?
- This enhances the economic status as well as the quality of life of innumerable families in India.
- It decreases every individual’s out-of-pocket expenditure at large.
- It needs a decent amount of budget from the Central Government of over Rs. 12,000 crores after the completion of the rollouts. Therefore, the Central Government increases the tax revenue up to Rs. 13 Lakh. Further, the government spends about Rs. 22 Lakh every year, which is an affordable figure.
4. Bottom line
To sum up, It is a quality health scheme for the betterment of the needy. Before enrolling for the plan, check your eligibility and learn about the process of Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration.
Also check about the health insurance plans from Finserv MARKETS. Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance from Finserv MARKETS is an ideal solution to protect your health without letting it affect your mental as well as financial stability.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere”!