Health insurance is a basic need in every Indian household. In 2018, the Government of India introduced the Ayushman Bharat Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) Scheme to provide for the medical emergencies of the poor population. It acts as a safety mechanism by offering uninterrupted financial support to manage expensive treatments.
Before enrolling for the Scheme, take a look at these Ayushman Bharat Scheme details mentioned below:
What is the AB-PMJAY Government Healthcare Scheme About?
The AB-PMJAY Scheme was introduced by the Prime Minister of India, on the 5th of September 2018. The primary objective of this scheme under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana is to cover over 10.74 crores of the poor population in India.
The PMJAY Scheme offers multiple features and benefits to all its eligible applicants. Hence, every individual must understand the following before you opt for Ayushman Bharat Yojana registration
Features of the Government Healthcare Scheme
- It provides a defined coverage of Rs. 5 Lakh to every vulnerable Indian family per year.
- It offers the applicants with cashless hospitalization. Additionally, the cashless benefits can be availed from any public hospital or empaneled private hospital in India.
- The eligibility criteria depend on the Socio-economic and Caste Census (SECC) database.
- It ensures paperless registration process.
- It prioritizes senior citizens, women, and children.
- It has no specific cap on the age and the size of the family.
- It covers additional charges like follow-ups, day-care surgeries, pre and post hospitalization expenses, and pre-existing diseases.
Although the PMJAY Scheme covers over 40% of the population, one must meet the requirements of the plan. However, the eligibility criteria are segmented between the urban and the rural population. Here’s a closer look at the categorization below:
Eligibility Criteria For Government Healthcare Scheme
|RURAL CATEGORY||URBAN CATEGORY|
|Bonded Laborer||Rag pickers and beggars|
|Scheduled caste and Scheduled tribes||Domestic workers|
|Landless households||Street vendors|
|Manual scavengers||Construction works, plumbers, security guards, and so on|
An ideal solution to confirm your eligibility is by checking it on the official government website. Follow these six steps mentioned below to verify your eligibility:
- Visit the government website of India.
- Select the ‘Am I Eligible Section?’ on the website
- Enter your mobile number to obtain an OTP number
- Submit the OPT number in the provided slot to verify it
- Enter either your mobile number or your ration card number to check if you’re a part of the SECC database.
- Receive a text message on your phone along with the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) unique registration number (URN) to check the search results.
To sum up, exorbitant medical expenses have made health insurance the need of the hour. However, certain people cannot afford the charges of availing health insurance plans. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana Scheme is to help the underprivileged families to tackle medical emergencies. In the end, health is an essential aspect of our lives. Hence, it should not be ignored at any cost.
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we works towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”