Did you lose your car insurance papers? Have you forgotten your insurance details? If your answer is yes to any of the questions, you no longer have to worry. Rest assured, as you can still check whether or not your car is insured.
With the Internet at our rescue, you can easily obtain your insurance details online. In this article, we will be discussing how to check your car insurance status online.
Steps To Check Car Insurance Status Online
The procedure to check car insurance status online is quite straightforward. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has a data repository known as the Insurance Information Bureau (IIB). The IIB portal allows you to track the insurance policy details easily.
Here’s what you need to do to check the status online –
- Visit the official website of IIB.
- Enter the requested details – name, email id, registered contact number, residential address, car registration number, accident date, and Captcha details. Then click on submit.
- The requested policy details will be displayed on the screen. If the policy is unavailable, the details of the previous policy will be displayed.
- If you are unable to trace your insurance details even after providing the above details, you can search the same via engine and chassis number of your vehicle.
Note: The IIB has details of insurance policies issued after April 01, 2010. If you are unable to retrieve your insurance details online, contact the respective RTO. The insurance policies that are less than two months old will not appear in the results.
How To Check Car Insurance Status Offline
You can check the car insurance status offline as well. The information is made available at the respective RTOs. Moreover, you can retrieve the policy details by getting in touch with your insurer.
Role Of IRDA For Checking Car Insurance Status
IRDA has a repository of all the active car insurance policies in India. In case, your vehicle is a part of an unfortunate road accident and incurs heavy mechanical damages, getting your insurance details and filing for a claim in the ensuing chaos, could sometimes become a task.
In several cases, the policyholder cannot get a hold of his insurance provider in time, which leads to significant financial losses. Moreover, because of facilities such as multi-year insurance coverage, the policy gets auto-renewed every year.
As a result, the policy owner is often clueless about his/her car insurance policy status. However, at the IRDA web portal, the policyholder can instantly check his insurance status by submitting basic personal and vehicle details.
This way, if the policyholder’s car does unfortunately get involved in an accident, he/she can immediately access the details of the car’s insurance policy and notify the insurance representative to expedite the claim process as soon as possible.
Is the IRDA Data Updated?
IRDA updates the car insurance data on a regular basis. As soon as you buy car insurance online, the IRDA is issued details about the transaction from the insurance provider. Also, as and when, the policy is renewed, the data gets updated in the IRDA system.
Reasons for the Absence of Car Insurance Details on IRDA Website
- Non-submission of car insurance details by your insurance provider
- Time lag in uploading/ updating your car insurance details by your insurance provider
Looking for a great deal on your car insurance? Your search stops at Finserv MARKETS. With affordable car insurance premium and a range of attractive insurance plans, Finserv MARKETS is a one-stop destination for all your four-wheeler insurance needs.
Apply for a Car Insurance policy online at Finserv MARKETS and avail benefits such as third-party coverage, cash-free servicing at 4000+ partner garages, and instant claim settlement wallets.
Visit the Finserv MARKETS website to know more about the application and claims process of Car Insurance plans. To join the network of our 100+ million clientele, log on to the website today!
Q: Can I renew car insurance with only the car registration number?
A: Yes. Since the insurance plan is linked to your vehicle registration number, you have to provide the same when renewing the policy online. Moreover, you can use the car registration number to retrieve the details of your previous/existing insurance plan and the renewal status as well.
Q: How to renew car insurance online?
A: Renewing car insurance at Finserv MARKETS online is simple. Just follow these steps –
- Visit car insurance renewal at Finserv MARKETS
- Enter the existing policy details – if you do not have your policy details, you can retrieve the same through IIB with your vehicle registration number
- Enter personal and vehicle details
- Review the coverage and make a payment online
- Upon successful payment, the renewed policy will be sent to your email id
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere”!