Availing a health insurance policy has become the need of the hour. In today’s day and age, where people are constantly subjected to stress, rising health conditions have become a serious concern. In addition to that, unhealthy food habits, sedentary lifestyle and lack of physical activity have made chronic conditions like obesity, diabetes, and hypertension more prevalent. Health issues are not only physically and mentally exhausting but also can be financially distressing due to the high medical expenses associated with them. This is where having a health insurance cover can prove to be extremely helpful.
Let us have a quick look at some of the major benefits of health insurance and the factors to consider when you buy health insurance.
- Health insurance plans offered by insurance companies cover the medical expenses of the insured that might arise due to an illness or disease.
- It can include regular health check-ups, treatment costs, hospital stays, prescription drugs, and important preventive care.
- It is advisable to always settle for a comprehensive health care insurance plan as it offers wider coverage. Additionally, it also provides outpatient coverage when a hospital stay isn’t required.
- Most people consider opting for medical insurance with a low premium cost. However, this isn’t advisable as insurance with lower premium often provides less coverage and also have limited network hospitals.
- It is advisable to compare various family health insurance plans offered by different insurance providers before making a final decision. This will help you avail family health insurance that best suits your needs.
If you already have a family health insurance plan, and then welcome a newborn member to the family, it is an easy process to add her/him to the family insurance as well.
How to add a newborn to your family health insurance?
- Newborn babies cannot be independently insured from day one since that involves a lot of risks. However, parents’ can add them to their own policy to cover early vaccinations and postnatal care of the child. Post completion of 90 days, the baby is eligible for insurance.
- To add the newborn to the family’s health insurance policy, parents’ are required to submit a set of documents like birth certificate and discharge card to the insurance company to get the baby covered.
- Post submission of the documents, the new premium calculated covers the child as well.
- However, depending upon the health of the baby, it is likely that the premium for the family will remain unchanged, at least initially.
Bajaj Allianz health insurance available on Finserv MARKETS can protect you and your loved ones from heavy medical bills. Moreover, you can avail this health insurance from the comfort of your home in a hassle-free manner. Lastly, do not forget to read the terms and conditions of the policy before purchasing it.
Also read in detail about the health insurance tax benefits you can avail with a Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance plan available on Finserv MARKETS.
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we works towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs . What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”