Travelling abroad for both leisure and business involves meticulous planning. Whether it is an amazing solo-trip you had been planning or a backpacking gambol, or just a getaway from the hustle-bustle of the city life, it is important that you can have an enjoyable time sans any hiccups. You don’t want your journey to turn into a nightmare through a series of mishaps that lead to financial loss and mental strain.
Therefore, it is highly recommended that you mitigate any unforeseen risks and losses by buying an individual travel insurance policy. Emergencies can arise without notice, and a policy will soften the blow, financial or otherwise under such circumstances.
The risks present themselves from the get-go: the moment you book your flights and accommodation, there is a lurking probability that you might have to change your dates later or even cancel the trip entirely. Even if you do end up going through with your plan, there are more risks involved: according to the SITA Baggage Report 2017, 5.73 bags per thousand passengers went astray in 2016 all over the world. This number comes to 21.6 million bags that were either lost or temporarily misplaced! You add to that the possibility of medical emergencies combined with the extortionate costs of medical facilities in foreign countries, and you know not being covered might land you in big financial trouble and emotional woe.
Individual Travel Insurance Coverage
A policy can cover you for such changes. For instance, the Bajaj Allianz Individual Travel Insurance available on Finserv MARKETS can reimburse you for prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you cancel your trip before departure. And in case you curtail your trip and return to India sooner than planned, this plan covers any losses incurred due to cancellation of accommodation and change in airfare.
It provides reimbursement for additional expenses incurred in case of flight delays. It also covers medical facilities, including hospitalization or day care procedures, medical repatriation, personal accident cover (depending on the severity of the incident), and emergency cash benefits.
Things aren’t always efficient when it comes to the handling of luggage: Travel insurance covers the cost of procuring a duplicate passport and for baggage misplaced or delayed by the airlines. While you are away, it is likely you are worried about your home, so it covers you against home burglary and additionally, against other eventualities like a hijack.
All this coverage is also accompanied by the benefit of hassle-free settlement, availability across geographies, and on-call support throughout a network. Most importantly, you can buy this plan online. We know you don’t particularly like paperwork, which is why we recommend that you check out Finserv MARKETS – it can give you a seamless online buying experience with minimum documentation and easy payment methods.
How To Apply For Individual Travel Insurance?
Purchasing an individual travel insurance policy online is no rocket science. You can buy one as quickly as you book your tickets, from the comfort of your home, thereby saving both time and money. All you need to provide is a few details, including your age proof, travel dates, and the prepaid trip cost. Entering these details on the first instance, you can get a quote on your travel insurance policy.
When buying on Finserv MARKETS, you just have to follow 5 simple steps:
- Choose your destination: Enter the destination you are planning your trip to.
- Select the travel dates: Here you need to enter the start and end dates for your trip. You should make sure you are covered from since the beginning of your trip until the very last day. The start date of your trip (most likely the day your fly from India) should not exceed 90 days from the current date.
- Enter Coverage: Select recommended travel insurance plan and get the total premium. The portal will display the premium split in terms of coverage, and you can choose to go ahead with the range of coverage you are seeking.
- Fill form and complete payment: The form will ask for basic details and confirmation: whether you are currently resident in India, your Passport number, etc. Check the summary and make the payment.
- Policy Issued: Once all details are properly loaded, your travel insurance policy is sent to you in your mail inbox, where it can sit even when you’re on your trip, to make it easier for you to register for a claim, if the need arises.
Buying individual travel insurance online as compared to offline is hassle-free time-saving and cost-effective. You can purchase a policy from Finserv MARKETS online in minutes & get policy document mailed to you instantly.
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!”