Car insurance coverage proves to be a blessing, especially when you face uninvited accidental damages. All you must do then is inform your insurer and register claim immediately after accident took place and share complete details of the accident with your insurer without hiding any information. This helps your insurer in early turnaround and process your claim settlements faster.
Steps to Follow When Making Insurance Claim after an Accident
- Call your insurer immediately after the incident to inform about the incurred damage.
- File an FIR about the accident with the nearest police station.
- Enlist the damages in detail. Also, record the information of the driver and witnesses in the FIR.
- When filing a claim with your insurer, request a surveyor to evaluate the loss you incurred in the accident.
- Submit the claim application online with your insurer and wait for the decision.
Besides this, all the details that you shared with your insurer should be genuine to avoid your claim repudiation (denial). It is a very important thing to remember whenever you’re making claims with your insurers for your car insurance policy.
You can choose different ways for claim intimations to your insurer e.g. call on the customer care claim helpline number which is printed on your policy copy or available on insurer website, write an email to your insurer, and visit nearest branch office of the insurer to intimate your claim along with your policy documents.
It’s important that your policy is valid and not expired when making a claim, and you should have a valid driving licence to drive that type of vehicle. Also, you should not be under any alcohol or drug influence when driving the vehicle or have violated any traffic laws.
Your insurer will settle all the accidental damage claims as soon as your vehicle repairing is done and it’s ready for delivery. Sometimes insurer might take up an investigation, especially in case of major accidents wherein there are chances of third-party claims in future. In such scenarios, the insurer will wait for the investigation report to settle the claim and ask for additional questions if required.
If any third-party claim liability arises or someone is injured/died in the accident, claims might go to motor accident claim tribunal (MACT) for a legal settlement.
List Of Documents Required To Make a Claim:
- Claim Form
- Certificate of Registration
- Valid Driving License
- Repair Estimate
- Repair invoice
- FIR copy if applicable
- Medical reports if applicable
- Medical bills if applicable
- Any other relevant document
Points to remember while filing your car insurance accident claim:
- Check if anyone is injured in accident or not.
- If someone is injured, then immediately call for medical help first.
- Inform police about the incident.
- Do not panic.
- Park your vehicle properly
- Don’t fight or argue to avoid consequences
- If your vehicle is not in running condition call your workshop/garage for towing your vehicle for the repair work
- Remove your valuables from your car while sending for repair
- Take medical treatment, if required
- Keep all documents or receipts i.e. medical report, medicine bill, towing receipt etc. with you for the claim process
Claim Process at Finserv MARKETS
We understand that the Car insurance claim process can seem a little tedious, but not with Finserv MARKETS. Here’s how you can easily file claims on your car insurance policy bought from us.
- Register your claim at Finserv MARKETS online.
- Fill the claim application appropriately with personal and vehicle-related information.
- Upload the supporting documents.
- The insurer will then assess your claim application and conduct an investigation (if necessary).
- You can check the claim status online.
Apart from understanding the claim process, it is also very important to note the claim settlement turnaround time of your insurer to ensure that your claims are settled in time. Car Insurance available on Finserv MARKETS is one such plan that offers quick claim settlements, cashless claims and complete claim assistance.
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.