Summers can be extreme in India with heat waves scorching most parts of the country. The temperatures can go up to 40 to 45 degrees on a typical summer’s day. While the sweltering heat can leave you sweaty and distressed, your car too is vulnerable to the brutal summer heat. Too much heat exposure can cause both internal and external damage to your car and wear it down. Hence it’s important to take certain precautions to protect your precious car from heat damage during the summers. Here’s how to protect your car from getting a sunstroke:-
The strong summer sun can damage your car’s exterior with time. If summers are extremely hot in your area, consider getting a fresh wax job just before the summer season begins. The fresh coating of wax will not only protect your car from the summer sun but will also make it look shiny and brand new. Another external part that requires some extra attention during the summer are the tires. Tire bursts are common during summers. So always make sure that the air pressure in your car tires are at optimum levels at all times.
Protecting Car Interiors
Car seats can become extremely hot if you happen to leave your car parked in the sun. You can avoid this by getting light coloured seat covers to avoid heat absorption. And if you must park your car in the sun, spread a light-coloured bed sheet inside the car. This will help protect your car’s interiors from fading due to sun-bleaching.
AC and Battery Care
- In the summers, your car AC will need to work harder to cool the interiors. However, if your AC is taking too long cool, get the AC and the coolant checked. In addition, check the water and other fluids levels in the electrical and mechanical system of your car.
- The battery fluids also tend to evaporate in extreme heat. Hence, it’s best to replace the battery or replace the fluids if your battery is weak. You can identify a weak battery by observing the brightness of your car lights.
- Opt for nitrogen filling for your car tires as this will help avoid tire bursts while driving on hot roads.
- Always park your car in the shade.
- Avoid keeping soda or other aerated drinks in the car as they tend to burst in extreme heat.
- If you are considering a paint job, consider choosing lighter shades.
These simple yet effective tips will ensure that your car stays in top shape during the brutal Indian summers. While it’s important to do everything you can to protect your car, some factors are just beyond your control. For all such risks, there’s motor insurance. A motor insurance provider offers four wheeler insurance for financial protection against numerous risks on the road for a reasonable premium. Hence, buying a car insurance policy is a crucial safety measure to protect your asset. If you buy the Bajaj Allianz Car Insurance from Finserv MARKETS you can enjoy exclusive benefits like claim settlement wallet, cash-free servicing across 4000+ garages and round the clock assistance. To buy or know more about car insurance visit our platform.
To know more on car insurance in depth, you can check out these blogs:
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!