Unit Linked Insurance Plan is a type of life insurance that provides investment options coupled with life insurance cover. You have the freedom of investing in the fund of your choice, which are further invested by the insurance provider in a number of options like bonds, stocks or equity funds. Let’s take a look at some of the ULIP benefits:
- ULIPs provide flexible investment options across different risk categories. You can choose any avenue according to your risk appetite.
- These investment options are very transparent with clearly defined tenures and charge structures. This will help you get a proper understanding of the scheme before making any kinds of investments.
- It’s an excellent option for people looking to develop a regular saving habit.
- Tax benefits can be availed under Section 80C.
What Is a Switch in ULIP?
The fund switch is a beneficial option offered to the invester. If you’re not satisfied with your current ULIP returns, then you can shift from debt funds to equity funds by means of this facility. Conversely, if you seek a steady income, then move to debt funds. You can also split up your investments across both the funds.
How to Switch Funds in ULIP?
The policyholder can straight-up access the customer portal on our website and manage their ULIP funds. This means the funds using switching option can be diverted online.
Investors are often confused about the perfect time of switching funds. Consider the following tips for fund switching and profit maximization:
- Start by investing in bond-based funds as they provide risk-free and steady returns.
- After a sizeable period of time, switch from bond fund to growth fund. This must be done only when the stock market has moved down gradually for some time.
- Don’t wait for the lowest market point for switching to growth fund.
- Don’t worry about the downward movement of the market and wait for the trend to reverse.
- Switch back to bond after the market have risen.
- Again, don’t wait for the highest point to do the switching.
- Don’t switch your funds too frequently.
- Try keeping your money in safer funds for the most amount of time.
Make sure to research about the different ULIP plans before investing your money. Now that you’re aware of how to switch funds, use this facility to your maximum advantage and opt for a unit linked insurance plan with Finserv MARKETS.
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we works towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs . What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”