The people who fall under the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category suffer in silence due to inadequate funds to meet their needs. Since they cannot afford expensive hospital treatments, the Ministry of Labour and Employment has launched the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) in 2008 to tackle the health contingencies of the poor. With the RSBY Scheme, the workers receive health coverage for their medical requirements.
Here’s a closer look at the topmost benefits provided to every beneficiary under the RSBY Scheme. Before enrolling for the plan, take a look below:
1. Benefits of the RSBY scheme
- It provides health coverage of Rs. 30,000 to the India families. However, only five members of each family can be included in the plan.
- It provides cashless hospitalization from public hospitals and empaneled private hospitals.
- It covers additional charges like the transportation costs of Rs. 100. The transportation cost is extended up to a maximum limit of Rs. 1,000.
Meeting eligibility criteria while enrolling for the RSBY Scheme plays an essential role. Therefore, take a look below to understand the criteria in detail:
2. Eligibility Criteria
- The RSBY scheme covers all the people who fall under BPL categories.
- The RSBY Scheme secures all the labourers working in unorganized spaces like construction, railways, and so on.
- Any individual can apply for the policy without worrying about the age of the family members. There is no cap on the age of the family members.
- It only covers five members of the family.
Once you confirm your eligibility, look for the claim settlement procedure of the RSBY Scheme. Claim settlement procedure is an important aspect of the scheme. Claim process of the RSBY Scheme is as follows:
3. Claim Settlement Procedure
- After the treatment of the patient, the hospital sends an electronic report to the insurance company or the Third Party Administrator (TPA).
- The insurance provider analyses the records.
- Once the insurer examines the hospital reports, he pays the hospital bills accordingly.
Choosing the right insurance provider is essential. Here’s how you can select an appropriate insurer while enrolling for the RSBY Scheme:
4. Selection of the Health Insurance Provider
Every laborer must pick a credible insurance company to reap the maximum amount of benefits. Health insurance from Finserv MARKETS offers its customers with a customizable health plan and extensive coverage. Moreover, it is one of the most trusted brands with a customer base of more than 100 across multiple countries.
Here’s how you can enroll for the RSBY Scheme. Follow the steps given below:
5. How to Enroll
- Visit the enrollment center to provide identity proof of the breadwinner of the family.
- Confirm the identification and eligibility of the workers or the families.
- Pay Rs. 30 at the time of enrollment.
The concerned authority lists down all the families and workers eligible under the RSBY Scheme. Later, he publicizes the date and location for the enrollment. However, local centers have mobile enrollment centers. The insurance companies collect the biometric information and the photos of all the eligible beneficiaries. After receiving the payment of Rs. 30, the smart cards are distributed.
To sum up, the exorbitant medical expenses have made health insurance the need of the hour. However, certain people cannot afford the charges of availing health insurance plans. The RSBY scheme helps the BPL families or workers to tackle medical emergencies. In the end, health is an essential aspect of our lives and hence it should not be ignored at any cost.
Also, to benefit from all the schemes, it’s important to know about your eligibility and how to go about the Ayushman Bharat registration process. Download the Finserv MARKETS’ Health Insurance App and check your eligibility today
“Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere”!