Any unfortunate event can damage your vehicle, costing you thousands of bucks. In such a situation, having a bike insurance can come in handy.
In fact, many insurance companies offer third-party bike insurance online, thus making it easy for people to get their vehicle insured from the comforts of their home. Your insurance will compensate for various damages caused to your scooty. Therefore, to make the most of your scooty insurance in case of emergencies, you need to be well-versed with the claiming process.
How to File a Third-Party Claim For a Scooty Insurance?
The following procedure will help you understand how to file a third-party claim.
- In case of accidents (that includes a third-party), you are liable to inform your motor insurance provider.
- Claims cannot be settled jointly without informing the insurance company
- During legal proceedings, your insurance company will stand by you in the court. The premiums will then be calculated depending on the court’s final decision.
- Also, you are liable to inform the nearest police station before applying for a third-party claim.
It is noteworthy that the injured person or the third-party can file a claim against the insurance company. Hence, it will be a breach of conduct if you fail to inform your motor insurance provider about the incident.
How To File A Claim?
Whether there is a damage or theft of your scooty, the claim filing process remains the same for most of the top insurance companies.However, for Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance from Bajaj Finserv MARKETS, the claiming process is as explained below –
Claim Process for a Two Wheeler Insurance
- Register a Claim – You are required to register for the claim as soon as possible after the mishap/theft of your scooty. You can either register online with Bajaj Finserv MARKETS or call on their toll-free number – 1800-209-5858. You then will be connected to the customer care executive who will help you through the entire claim process.
- Essential Documents – It is necessary to keep the following set of documents handy when registering for a claim.
- Engine and Chassis Number
- Accident date and time
- In-detailed report and location of the accident
- Two-wheeler inspection address
- KM reading
- Police complaint – FIR (in case of scooty theft)
- Vehicle Repair – In accident cases, you have to take your scooty to the garage. In case of theft, file a complaint in the nearest police station and inform your provider. If your scooty is not found within 90 days of the complaint, ask the police station to issue you a Non-Traceable Report. The report states that the police are yet to find your vehicle. Submit the report to the provider as they will begin the claim process after this.
- Claim Settlement – You will also have to submit the copies of the above-listed documents to garage/dealer. Once the copies are verified against the originals, Bajaj Finserv MARKETS will make the necessary payments directly to the network garage.
It is, however, noteworthy that you are liable to pay the excess amount depending on your policy (depreciation amount and salvage) which will be informed to you priory by the executive.
Having two wheeler insurance is mandatory by law. Availing an insurance policy available at Bajaj Finserv MARKETS will ensure a smooth claim process as well as an easy way to renew two wheeler insurance online. Also, you can benefit from features like cash-free servicing and 24×7 bike roadside assistance.
So, apply for Two Wheeler Insurance with Bajaj Finserv MARKETS, today!
Read our top blogs to know more about bike insurance in India:
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!