Each year, millions of students from India travel to different parts of the world to pursue quality education and fulfil their dreams. As they venture out to foreign lands, they are introduced to new cultures and learning environments, which bestows unique experiences that mould them as an individual. While studying abroad does have its advantages, it also entails certain risks. Unforeseen circumstances such as an injury or illness abroad could create financial hardships for the years ahead.
Overseas education programmes rarely limit students in terms of where they are allowed to visit. Whether for the weekend or extended breaks, students don’t miss a chance to visit as many places as possible. For instance, in Europe, various countries and cultures coexist closely which gives students the opportunity to try new things wherever they venture off to. The more unfamiliar a destination is; the more vulnerable students are to unforeseen events. At times, no matter how careful the student is, some unfavourable situations are unavoidable. However, thanks to student travel insurance plans, most of the unforeseen risks can be mitigated. Buying the right overseas/foreign student insurance policy can financially assist the students travelling abroad. This, in turn, helps them feel more confident, no matter where they are in the world. Here are some of the most important travel insurance benefits offered by Bajaj Allianz available on Finserv MARKETS : –
- Tuition Fee Reimbursement- Reimbursement of tuition fee is provided in case of medical emergencies.
- Bail Bond Coverage- Student can avail bail bond coverage if he/she is arrested or detained by the local police when travelling.
- Medical Repatriation up to $6500- The cost of arranging for transport to move an insured student to their country of residence in the event of a medical emergency will be covered.
- Medical Expenses – Right from hospitalization to out-patient treatment or day care procedures, student travel insurance offers coverage up to $10,00,000.
- Loss of Passport and Baggage- Get coverage against the cost of procuring a duplicate passport (up to $300). Also, if the baggage is misplaced by airlines, the student can avail coverage for the lost baggage too!
- Loss of Laptop- In case the student loses the laptop during the course of his/her study abroad, the plan provides coverage up to $500.
- Medical Evacuation- The cost incurred while transporting an insured student to the nearest available hospital when faced with a medical emergency will be covered.
- Hospitalization Daily Allowance- The student will receive a daily allowance in case of hospitalization.
- Coverage against Death/Accident of Sponsor- In case of accidental death of the education sponsor, the insurance plan will offer coverage up to $10,000.
The wide coverage assured under a travel insurance policy will help a student complete his/her education despite unfortunate events. Albeit such events may not occur, the assurance of a wide coverage helps a student pursue his/her education with confidence and enthusiasm.
So, if you are a student planning to study abroad or a parent planning to send your child abroad, buy Bajaj Student Travel Insurance online at Finserv MARKETS to pursue yours or your children’s dreams unhindered!
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. Loans, Insurance, Investment, and exclusive EMI store, all under one roof- anytime, anywhere!