If your mornings are incomplete without a good, strong cup of coffee, know that you are not alone. A whopping 2 million cups of coffee are poured around the world every day. Indeed, a large number of people worldwide seek coffee as their go-to beverage to perk up their mornings and prepare them for the hustle and bustle of the day to come.
But while the popularity of coffee cannot be challenged, most of us do not pause to consider the impact that coffee might be having on our health. However, a number of headlines hit the news regularly about a new benefit or harmful effect of coffee revealed by studies or recent research. In the midst of all this conflicting information, it might be hard to determine the exact effects of coffee on our health. Let us help you make up your mind by going through some benefits of coffee as well as some side effects of coffee on your health, and let you determine whether the beverage is the right choice for you.
Health benefits of coffee
We know you love this beverage dearly, and there has been plenty of research in the field to suggest you are absolutely correct in doing so. Here are some of the most prominent benefits of coffee for your health:
- It makes you more energetic: This is possibly one of the most popular benefits of coffee and a prime reason why coffee enjoys such widespread popularity across the world. Coffee contains a substance called caffeine, which gets absorbed in the bloodstream, acts as a stimulant and helps the brain stay alert and proactive for a longer period of time.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes: Coffee has also shown signs of lowering a person’s risk of developing Type 2 diabetes, a disease that is a major cause of concern for the modern population. Research has shown that drinking even one cup of coffee a day can significantly lower your risk of developing diabetes.
However, while coffee might be an effective preventative method, it is also important to always be prepared for a disease like diabetes, that can run expensive bills to manage. Make sure to avail a reliable health insurance plan such as the one found on Finserv MARKETS, that can provide you with ample coverage for a variety of illnesses and medical emergencies.
- It aids your brain functions: Apart from stimulating the brain, one of the greatest benefits of coffee is that it also helps sharpen other brain functions such as mood, memory and reflexes. It has also proven to reduce the risk of neurological diseases such as dementia, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Side effects of coffee
Coffee might be a popular antidote to tiredness and come with a host of health benefits as well. However, the beverage is not entirely without its share of harmful effects on our health. Here are a few of the most important side effects of coffee:
- It can have an adverse effect on mental health: While drinking moderate amounts might not trigger many side effects of coffee, caffeine overdose can trigger responses in the brain causing people to become incredibly nervous or anxious. It can also rapidly increase a person’s rate of breathing and cause an increase in stress levels.
- It can cause heart complications: Overdrinking of coffee has also been linked with increased blood pressure as well as an excessively rapid heart rate. Both of these effects can cause complications with respect to the heart, which is why people who are prone to developing cardiovascular issues should moderate their caffeine intake.However, while moderating caffeine is an effective way to prevent heart disease, it is also important to be financially prepared for a situation in which cardiovascular issues suddenly crop up. This can be conveniently achieved by availing the comprehensive health insurance plan available on Finserv MARKETS, that can help cover a variety of your medical expenses.
- It can cause insomnia: While we value the ability of coffee to help us stay awake, over-consumption of coffee can also lead to an adverse effect – insomnia, or the inability to fall asleep. Research has shown that drinking coffee can have a harmful effect on not only the duration but also the quality of sleep.
So in essence, coffee and its overall impact on health remains a divided issue. Science has helped unveil a number of health benefits of coffee, justifying its place as one of the most popular drinks in the world. But one can also not ignore the various side effects of coffee that can have short-term as well as long-term impact on our health. All in all, the effect your coffee drinking would have on your health depends largely on how much and how often you consume it.
While we can moderate our caffeine intake, there are some health concerns that we do not always have control over. However, there always remains an option for us to financially prepare for such health concerns and insure our well-being for a rainy day of medical emergency.
So, value your health as well as that of your loved ones,and avail a reliable health insurance policy. And for a trusted health insurance plan that would guarantee coverage for a variety of medical events, look no further than the Bajaj Allianz health insurance plan at Finserv MARKETS. The policy provides comprehensive access to the best healthcare from 6,500+ hospitals across the country. You can opt for a coverage that ranges from 1.5 lakhs to 50 lakhs, depending on your individual needs.
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”