Are you planning an international trip any time soon? Whether it is business/study or a family vacation, it is necessary to have a sense of security when you are on the trip. A travel insurance plan takes care of all your travel-related woes.
The policy covers concerns such as trip cancellations, medical emergencies abroad, flight delays, loss of luggage, etc. An extensive travel insurance plan will safeguard you and your family during a trip abroad from various mishaps that can incur a financial loss.
In this section, we will be discussing the travel insurance coverage offered in India.
International Travel Insurance Coverage
The following is a list of common things that travel insurance plans cover.
- Trip Cancellation
- Medical Emergency
- Flight Delay
- Loss/Theft of Luggage
One of the main reasons why most people buy travel insurance online is that it provides financial protection when you are unable to take the trip. Having the trip cancellation coverage will allow you to recover all the prepaid and non-refundable trip expenses.
You get a 100% refund if you cancel your trip before leaving for the reasons covered under your policy. Some of the common reasons include –
- Sickness or death of you, your travel companion or a family member
- Severe weather conditions that prevented you from reaching your destination
- A terror attack at your destination
Also, trip cancellation coverage comes along with an additional benefit known as a trip interruption. The trip interruption benefit will reimburse the unused trip expenses. At times, it also covers any other transportation expenses if you need to return home early.
Your regular medical insurance plans are most likely not to extend coverage overseas. However, travel insurance coverage comes with a built-in medical insurance policy that covers you in multiple countries when you are on a trip.
The two main benefits of travel medical insurance are –
- Emergency Medical: This coverage reimburses expenses associated with medical treatments for any illness or injury caused during the trip.
- Medical Evacuation: It is added alongside emergency medical coverage. With this benefit, you can arrange for your transportation to the nearest hospital in case of a medical emergency. You can bring you back home (if the hospital decides it is necessary for your situation).
Apart from trip cancellation and medical emergencies, your travel insurance coverage comes in handy during flight delays or in case you miss your connecting flight.
The flight delay benefit will readily help you if your flight is delayed for reasons beyond your control – like severe weather or mechanical breakdown. Your travel insurance policy will refund your meals and hotel accommodations during the delay.
4.Loss or Theft of Luggage
The travel insurance policy covering your items includes loss, damage or delay of luggage. In case your luggage is delayed, you get a refund depending on the policy’s benefit limit for purchasing clothes and other essential items after 12-24 hours.
It is, however, noteworthy that this benefit will not cover the cost of the actual items that are delayed. However, in case of loss or permanent damage to the luggage, you will be reimbursed to replace the lost items.
Now that you know what is covered under your travel insurance plan make a note of things that are not covered under the policy.
What Is Not Covered Under A Travel Insurance Plan?
The things not covered under your travel insurance policy are as follows –
- Emergency hospitalisation arising due to pre-existing medical conditions
- The loss incurred due to the influence of intoxicants
- When travelling abroad for cosmetic surgery or medical treatments
- Travelling to participate in high-risk sports like bungee jumping or scuba diving
- Flight/train delays or cancellations due to strikes, protests or civil unrest
In case you are looking for travel insurance for your upcoming trips, consider Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans available on Finserv MARKETS. Keep reading to know the benefits of the policy.
Benefits of Bajaj Travel Insurance Coverage
Having a travel insurance plan ensures that you have a financially secure trip. While healthcare services in a foreign country are expensive, having adequate travel insurance coverage will take care of these costs in times of need.
The following are the benefits of Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans available on Finserv MARKETS online.
- The policy offers cover for overseas medical emergencies.
- Delayed/cancelled flights are covered under the plan.
- Any loss/delay in the checked luggage is included as well.
- The insured is covered in case of natural or man-made disasters.
- The insurer offers emergency cash benefits
- The policy provides home burglary cover
- It also includes cover for loss of travel documents and other personal possessions
The Bottom Line
Travelling is better with travel insurance, as it covers expenses for any unfortunate events or mishaps before or during your trip.
Are you planning a big trip soon? Don’t have a travel insurance policy?
Well, consider buying Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans at Finserv MARKETS. You can benefit from features like hassle-free settlements, extensive coverage, and 24×7 assistance, etc. Moreover, you can apply for a travel insurance plan quickly online or through the Finserv MARKETS App, and the process requires no tedious paperwork or documentation.
So, why wait? Insure your trip with Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plan at Finserv MARKETS today!
Read about the various benefits of travel insurance to use your policy properly.