Vivek has plans to travel out of Delhi over the long weekend. He wishes to drive down to Jaipur along with his family in his premium sedan. In the middle of his journey to Jaipur, the car breaks down at a remote location on NH8, and he has no clue about the reason for the breakdown. Without wasting much time, Vivek dialed a 24X7 roadside assistance (RSA) service number requesting for help. The RSA service arrived at the location within no time, to drop off the vehicle at the nearest authorized garage, and transport the family to a safe accommodation spot until the vehicle gets repaired. All this was hassle-free for Vivek given that he was travelling along with his wife and their little kid. Vivek just thanked himself for adding a roadside assistance (RSA) cover to his car insurance.
What is roadside assistance (RSA)?
Roadside assistance (RSA) is an add-on cover to your motor insurance plan that can be of great utility while you are stranded with your vehicle on the roadside without any help. The RSA cover allows you to avail the service of RSA crew by calling up your motor insurance provider. Most motor insurance plans like Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance plan and Bajaj Allianz Car insurance plan provide an in-built RSA cover respectively that can be purchased on Finserv MARKETS. The RSA cover available on Finserv MARKETS offers 24X7 spot assistance by Bajaj Allianz wherever you are. It also entails a host of benefits as listed below:
- The RSA cover of your motor insurance policy provides for telephonic guidance during minor mechanical breakdown to your vehicle that can help you fix the glitch on the spot. Even otherwise, the insurer sends mechanics to resolve any minor breakdowns encountered by you.
- The RSA cover provides for resolution of any battery breakdown where the battery needs a jumpstart.
- Flat tyres are common, just like not having a backup tyre. In such circumstances, a call to the insurer can get your vehicle’s tyre replaced.
- The insurer arranges for a towing service to deliver your vehicle to the nearest authorised garage, if your vehicle suffers a major breakdown.
- The RSA cover allows for a pickup and delivery of spare keys for your vehicle in the event of the original set being lost or stolen accidentally.
- If your vehicle runs out of fuel, the RSA cover has a fuel provision that ensures the fuel is quickly arranged at the mentioned location.
- In case of a major accident or breakdown, the insurer covers the accommodation costs for a single day, provided the event occurred within 100 kms from your residence. Besides, the RSA cover helps arrange for free taxi travel for all the occupants in the vehicle to a single destination available within a proximity of 40 kms from the accident or breakdown spot.
- In accident cases, the RSA cover arranges for over-the-phone legal advice by a legal advisor, for free of cost.
Exclusions under RSA cover
Although the RSA cover provides most of the above benefits, the RSA services and claims cannot be entertained in the following scenarios:
- Occurrence of natural calamities, exceptionally adverse weather, or man-made disasters like acts of terror, invasion or rebellion, riots, civil unrest, and consequences of theft.
- If your vehicle is being used for the purpose of racing, rallying motor-sports that are not in accordance with motor laws.
- Any claims that have been availed from another insurance company or without proper consent of the existing insurer.
Additionally, it should be kept in mind that the insurer is a mere facilitator, and the expenses incurred towards availing some of these benefits must entirely be borne by you. For instance, if you avail the fuel provision service, the insurer shall supply the fuel, whereas you would have to bear the cost of the fuel supplied. Similarly, you would have to bear the expenses for the repairs done to your vehicle at the nearest garage when the vehicle breaks down. The insurer shall only provide a free towing service and arrange for your vehicle to be dropped off at the nearest authorized garage.
Despite paying for these extra expenses, the RSA cover shall be a beneficial add-on to a motor insurance policy. So, it is prudent to opt for an RSA cover when you buy or renew your motor insurance policy next.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!