Who hasn’t dreamt of visiting the Taj Mahal since viewing its majestic pictures in magazines and heard of the romance around its construction? Who hasn’t wanted to wander through the forests of Africa and watch how tribes continue to live their lives away from the hustle and bustle of modern civilization? Developing economies are a rich melting pot of history and culture, where diversity between the new-world and the old-world continue to co-exist. Diversity in landscape and people are a big thrill for those of us used to a more sedate lifestyle, and all of us dream of taking little trips to the exotic lands we read big books about and watch movies on. Remember The Jungle Book?
However, as you get started with your checklist on the places you want to visit, make it a point to buy travel insurance. A lot of ground realities about a place are only experienced once you get there, and it’s best not to be unprepared. Accidents can happen to the best of us, and it is essential that you have the policy which would minimize your losses to a large extent.
Read on to learn more about what the policy covers, and why you would greatly benefit from coverage by India’s best travel insurance.
- While travelling to a foreign land, where you are unfamiliar with the language, the locals, and the place itself; you could run a lot of risks. You could be robbed of your belongings which would leave you in a very tight spot and make you feel unsafe. The policy adds an extra layer of security to your visit by ensuring it is hassle-free, and leaving you free to enjoy your trip. In case you are planning a trip with a lot of adventures in store, your risks are also bound to increase and a policy would protect you from any unforeseen accidents.
- Most Travel insurance covers the costs of trip curtailment, trip cancellation, trip interruption, baggage delay or cancellation, repatriation of mortal remains, medical emergency, return of a minor, accidental injury or death, disability benefit, loss or theft of luggage, overseas funeral expenses, travel delays due to weather conditions, missed flight connection due to airline’s schedule, and even hijacking.
- Travel insurance plans are offered by many insurers which ensures that you have a variety of plans to choose from. Make sure you know what you are looking for before approaching the insurer or you are likely to get confused. Insurers offer different plans based on whether you are travelling with your family, as part of a corporate delegation or by yourself. Additionally, many insurers offer different packages based on the location you are travelling to.
- Several insurers also offer special policies for students travelling to developing economies. For instance, Bajaj Finserv MARKETS, offers a Student Travel Insurance Plan which provides coverage for students’ while they are travelling abroad to study. The policy covers accidents, hospitalization, family visit expenses, incidental expenses, tuition fees, bail bonds, loss of luggage, loss of passport, and emergency dental treatment. If you are looking to spend a semester abroad, a policy such as this can ensure that you are well-protected at all times no matter where you go.
- One major reason why travel insurance is a must is because it protects you against unexpected health or medical emergencies. When you are new to a country, the climate, the food; the chances of you picking up a disease rises significantly. A lot of the worry is associated with travelling to a developing country is usually concerned with how your body will react to its new environment. However, when you are travelling to a new place, you probably do want to enjoy everything it has to offer. You can do that without worrying about any medical problems with your travel insurance coverage.
As globalization continues to sweep the world, people are embracing travel to new and exotic locales like never before. Travelling exposes us to new experiences, new beliefs, new faiths and new people; and helps us grow holistically. With the best travel insurance plan, you can ensure that your travelling is not interrupted by unexpected worries.
Select your policy with care and choose one that not only fits most closely with your agenda, but also offers you the maximum coverage with the best premiums. Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance also has Pocket Insurance policies, available on Bajaj Finserv MARKETS, which provide affordable insurance plans to suit your exact requirements. These are ideal for a wide range of use-cases including a loss of key, loss of baggage, and several more.
Bajaj Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!