Before investing in mutual funds, you must monitor performance. Investors mostly rely on historical performance and then they select funds with the highest returns over the selected time frames. Selecting top performers based on a single time period, say 3-year or 5-year returns, may not be in the best interest of investors. A fund can perform well over one time frame scale but underperform in another. So in that case how do you pick a winner? The answer is simple. You have an analysis based on funds’ historical performance across multiple time periods. This can help you identify consistent outperformers. A fund which performs pretty well across all time periods will reduce the costs involved in churning the portfolio on a regular basis.
It will also save investors from monitoring their funds on a daily basis. When markets rise, funds which generate higher returns in comparison to their primary benchmarks and category averages, are considered outperformers. Similarly, when markets are on a downward trajectory, the funds that fall less than their primary benchmark and category averages are considered outperformers.
There is a wide range of best mutual funds to choose from. Your fund selection depends upon several factors like your risk appetite, age, your investment goals, investment horizon and so on and so forth. For you, the best mutual funds are the ones which fulfill individual investment expectations.
Best performing mutual funds India
ICICI prudential mutual fund is one of the reputed and well-going MF based schemes for anyone to invest. You can invest in ICICI Prudential mutual fund schemes at your convenience and fulfill your long term and short term financial goals. One can choose from an array of schemes according to your financial needs and investment objectives. So, invest a lump sum amount to start a systematic investment plan. One point to be mentioned here is, only KYC compliant customers can invest in mutual fund schemes. ICICI Prudential mutual fund is an Asset management company with an AUM of 305,739 crores, and which offers different kinds of mutual fund products. Over the last 18 years, the fund house has emerged as the topmost preferred Indian investment solution provider.
Next in line among schemes well-known for historical performance and which have been consistently beating the benchmark index and peers by a fair margin is Axis Bluechip. The scheme invests close to 87% of its portfolio in blue chip companies. Of these, the top six companies make up 61% of the scheme’s portfolio. Blue chip mutual funds invest predominantly in large companies and such companies are traded frequently and hence liquid and also less volatile as these stocks have proven track record, business models and capable enough to deliver long term consistent returns. The Axis Bluechip Fund aims to outperform the benchmark with risk lower than the benchmark. Equity as an asset class holds potential to beat inflation and generate long term wealth. Long-term goals such as children’s education & their future, retirement or any other long term growth that needs wealth creation plan.
HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities scheme has reliably been amongst the paramount performing mutual funds for close to 10 years. The portfolio of this growth fund has comprised of up to 25% leading large-cap A short-term capital gain tax of 15% is applicable if sold within a year from the date of allotment, whereas long-term capital gains , in excess of Rs 1 lakh, will be taxed at 10% if sold after one year. A dividend distribution tax of 10% is also levied on dividends.businesses. The businesses in the portfolio also shared a good cash flow, which is important for theoretically high equity returns over the long term. The fund aims to offer long-term capital income by financing chiefly in Mid-Cap enterprises. A midcap opportunities mutual fund is a unique type of equity mutual fund which primarily invests in mid and small cap companies. The array of these investments is supposed to be adaptable in manner, especially because the fund management tends to choose businesses that have higher progress potential in the long term and are in the running to be large cap companies a few years hence.
Mirae Asset is one of the leading mutual fund companies in India. It offers a wide range of schemes. This mutual fund is sponsored by Mirae Asset Global Investments Co. Limited, South Korea. In India it started in 2007 with a minimum capital of Rs.10 crore and has now been revised to Rs.50 crores. Mirae Asset Mutual Fund had the arsenal to become a powerful fund house. The objective of the scheme is to generate capital appreciation along with current income by investing in equity and equity related instruments, money market instruments and balance in debt. The fund is moderately risky and ideal for investors with a medium investment horizon. It is suitable for investors looking for defensive opportunities. The redemption or repurchase proceeds within 10 working days from the date of redemption or repurchase. The minimum redemption amount can be any number of units or any amount as requested by the unit holder at the time of redemption request.
Types of mutual funds to choose from
- EQUITY FUNDS: in this case, money is pooled in from investors having varied backgrounds and then that money is invested into shares that are offered by several other firms. The performance of these shares determine returns/losses. It must be noted that as these offer instant growth of funds, they have a high risk factor attached with them. However, the instant growth factor makes them one of the top performing mutual funds in the country.
- DEBT FUNDS: These are best for passive investors having low risk appetite. These offer small but a regular source of income. These mutual funds invest in securities providing fixed incomes like bonds, securities, monthly income plans, Treasury Bills etc.
- MONEY MARKET FUNDS: These are offered by the government, banks or corporations via dated securities, including bonds, certificate of deposits, T-Bills, among others. If you go for a short-term plan of say 13 months, the risk is somewhat diminished or neutralised, you can say. That makes it one of the best performing mutual funds in India.
- HYBRID FUNDS: They are also known as balanced funds. The name comes from the fact that they are a perfect blend of bonds and stocks. Hybrid funds, in a way, bridge the gap between an equity fund and a debt fund. These are the best mutual funds to invest for investors with high risk appetite.
- OPEN-ENDED FUNDS: These come without any restrictions when it comes to time period or units. According to your own preference you can sell or buy funds and exit at the current Net Asset Value.
- CLOSE-ENDED FUNDS: Unlike open-ended ones, these come with fixed unit capital to invest. Hence, they cannot be taken for more than the pre-agreed units.
- INTERVAL FUNDS: A combination of both open and close-ended funds, interval funds can be bought/exited during particular intervals only.
Then you have goal-based mutual funds such as growth funds, income funds, aggressive growth funds, liquid funds, income funds, tax-saving funds, capital protection funds, fixed maturity funds, pension funds, Index funds and many more. The classifications and list are huge. One must have knowledge before investing in mutual funds, as they are subject to high market risks.
If you are wondering how to invest in a mutual fund, and how to gain access to the best investment options, then you must check out the options available on Finserv MARKETS. You can invest with transparency and interactivity, and receive regular updates on the performance and value of your investments. You also get the option to liquify your mutual fund any time — unless there are specific lock-in periods attached to the plan.
If you are looking to invest in mutual funds with low transaction costs, then mutual funds on Finserv MARKETS could be the place for you. It also offers you the option to divide your funds into smaller parts across different companies so that you make the most out of your investment portfolio. To gain maximum returns with sector-specific funds, it is advisable that you invest in more than one sector. Your funds will be in safe hands with professionals who have expertise in reading and analysing the investment market and helping you gain higher returns on your mutual fund purchases.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make it Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no-cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!