PMAY or Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojna is a government scheme that has launched with the vision to provide affordable housing to everyone, no matter what income group they belong to. Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, people whose family members do not own a house are eligible for housing. PMAY is currently aimed at providing affordable housing through over 20 million units across 305 cities in the country. It provides benefits to the citizens through a variety of schemes like “In-situ” Slum Redevelopment (ISSR), Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS), Affordable Housing in Partnership (AHP), and finally, Beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancements (BLC). Under these schemes, the government provides various kinds of benefits (or assistance) in the form of finance or interest subsidies on loans. The four categories are aimed at different income strata of the population.
Ten lakhs households have already received benefits under the PMAY scheme and after hearing the same, hundreds of farmers from villages around Delhi flocked to various housing finance companies and started inquiring about how to avail this lucrative opportunity. Eager to avail the benefits, Mohan Lal from the suburban parts of Dwarka went to apply for a CLSS, a scheme under which he was eligible for a subsidy of 2.3% on the interest on his loan amount. However, after applying for a Bajaj Finserv Home Loan under PMAY scheme on Finserv MARKETS, Mohan began to grow impatient when he heard people are struggling to find their names on the PMAY list. Are you wondering where your name is on the PMAY list? Here are a few ways to find out.
Checking your name on the PMAY list:
1. Check the PMAY Urban list using your Aadhar Number:
- Visit the PMAY official website by logging in to https://pmaymis.gov.in or click on the link: https://pmaymis.gov.in/Open/Find_Beneficiary_Details.aspx
- After this, click on ‘Search Beneficiary’ on the top panel to go to the next page. This is somewhat different from the “Search by Name” option that was previously available on the page.
- On the next page, enter your Aadhaar number and click submit.
- On submitting the required information, the details of your PMAY application will be shown along with the status.
2. Check PMAY Urban List (Without Aadhaar number):
If you cannot find your Aadhar, you can search PMAY list with your personal details and mobile number or with your assessment ID, which was provided to you at the time of application
- Access https://pmaymis.gov.in/Track_Application_Status.aspx
- Enter your personal details or assessment ID to generate the PMAY application status.
Check PMAY-G list (with registration number):
If you have the registration number, you can visit the PMAY-Gramin official website at https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/Benificiary.aspx and find the status of your application using the registration number.
4. I don’t have a registration number. What to do?
In case you don’t have your registration number there is still a way to check the status of your application. Here’s how:
- Visit https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/Benificiary.aspx (shown below) on your browser.
- On the next page, you will have to select State, District, Block, Panchayat, Scheme name and other details.
- On submitting, your personal details, bank details, house site details, sanction and completion details will be shown to you.
Mohan could neither remember his registration number nor could he find his Aadhar card. However, with method no. 4, he was still able to spot his name on the list, thereby allowing him to plan the construction of his house in a more systematic manner. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana offers different incentives to groups belonging to different categories of income. Currently, there are four categories:
- EWS or the Economically Weaker Section. People belonging to this group have household incomes of 0-3 lacs p.a. For EWS, an interest subsidy of 6.5% is provided on the loan value.
- LIGs fall under the income bracket of 3-6 lacs p.a. For LIGs too, an interest subsidy of 6.5% is applicable.
- MIG-I maps onto a household income of 6-12 lacs p.a. For them the subsidy provided is 4%.
- Lastly, for MIG-II, the household income is typically above 12 lacs p.a. And under 18 lacs p.a.
You can read more about whether you can PMAY Balance Transfer
Bajaj Finserv Home Loans under the PMAY scheme available on Finserv MARKETS allows you to not only estimate your eligibility but also provide a good overview of the various schemes that can be availed through the PMAY scheme. In addition, the Bajaj Finserv Home Loan also provides essential features like minimal documentation, flexible repayment and no foreclosure charges. Are you looking to buy a house under this scheme? Download the Finserv MARKETS app on the app store and apply today!
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.