It’s that time of the year again when thousands of travellers from around the world flock to one of the most beautiful spots in India to celebrate a grand festival – the Rann Utsav! Described by many as a carnival of colours, music, dance and culture every year, the Rann Utsav this year promises to be just as exciting and memorable. You too can participate in all the fabulous festivities by availing a personal loan for travel of upto Rs. 25 lakhs at Finserv MARKETS. With the loan approval and disbursement period being as short as 24 hours, you can make your travel plans to Kutch an instant reality.
What is the Rann Utsav?
The Rann Utsav is a festival held annually in the Rann of Kutch region of Gujarat. The entire festival lasts for about three months, starting in the city of Bhuj, going across various locations in the district and then ending with a grand event at the village of Dhordo. During the Rann Utsav, a variety of festivities and events are organised by the tourism board of Gujarat as a means of representing the cultural and ethnic features of the region.
More than 8000 tourists around the world gather at Kutch to be a part of this magnificent event. Typically, the Rann Utsav is held sometime in the month of November ending in the month of February. However, due to water-logging issues,the event was pushed back a few weeks this year. So, if being a part of this incredible festival has been on your to-do list, you can make it possible by travelling to the region as the festival begins on December 1.
What can I expect to see and experience there?
- The natural beauty: The breathtaking beauty of the Kutch region is well-known not only around the country, but the world. But every year, the desert region of the Kutch area promises to be particularly scenic during the winter months. As one of the biggest salt deserts in the world, the Kutch region is home to a wide expanse of glistening white sands and wide, clear skies.
On account of it being located far away from the nearest towns, the Kutch desert area offers excellent opportunities for star-gazing and camping out under the full moon.
- Tradition and cultures: The Kutch region is also home to a variety of local communities and cultures that get an opportunity to display their art and handicrafts. The local artisans are gifted artists using techniques and skills that have been passed down through generations.Feast your eyes on local Kutchi embroidery known for its bright colours and mirrored works, as well as artifacts in silver, hand block printed items, wooden carvings and leather accessories. As a part of the Rann Utsav, not only do you get to shop for these unique, exquisite items, you also get to support local artists and their livelihoods.Expand your budget for shopping and travel at Kutch by availing a personal loan for travel at Finserv MARKETS. With loan amounts of upto Rs. 25 lakhs, you can open up your Rann Utsav experience to include a host of activities and shopping for exquisite, handmade items. With a host of value added benefits like flexible repayment options, minimal documentation and lightning fast disbursal, you’re all set for the trip of a lifetime!
- Local cuisine: If you like to eat, the Rann Utsav likes to feed. With their gigantic dining halls and the variety of local cuisine available till the wee hours of the morning, this festival is a great place for you and your group to enjoy delightful feasts. You can even venture into the local villages and enjoy authentic Kutchi staples like Kutchi Dabeli, Bajra Rotla, Kadhi and Dudhpak.
- Folk performances: The evenings of Rann Utsav are always submerged in cultural performances. During daylight, you can watch the incredible performances of traditional dance forms while in the light of the bonfire, you can enjoy musical performances by folk artists from all over Gujarat.
- Adventures: For the adventure seekers, the Rann Utsav is a n opportunity to try your hand at a whole host of exciting experiences. Apart from camel riding, you can go ride on a hot air balloon and enjoy the view of the Kutch from great heights. You can also enjoy activities like hiking expeditions, parasailing, paramotoring, ziplining and Segway rides.
- Tourist sights: There is a reason why the Rann Utsav likes to travel around the district, and that is to encourage tourists to explore other neighbouring sights as well. So, apart from enjoying the festivities at Rann Utsav, you can also explore popular destinations such as the ancient Dholavira, the Statue of Unity, the Kutch Wildlife Sanctuary, Aaina Mahal and the nearby Mandvi Beach.
So, if this grand festival sounds exactly like the vacation you need, don’t think twice and start planning for the incredible experience ahead. What’s more, with the option of availing a personal loan for travel at Finserv MARKETS, your trip to the Rann Utsav can become even more exciting! With the convenience of applying online and minimal documentation, availing a travel loan has never been easier. You can even pay the loan back at your own convenience by selecting a tenure of your choice, ranging from 12 to 60 months and choose from a variety of pre-approved offers.
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”