Organizing a wedding in the good old days was about booking a hall, informing the local flower vendor, a visit or two to the local market, a day’s shopping for clothes and jewellery and another day to distribute invitations. The caterer, the musicians, the priest and the card printer would all be referred to you by the “hall” owner. Why, even a close friend would step in with an urgent personal loan!
Even so, it was a tumultuous affair.
These days a wedding would mean arranging for all of the above amidst myriad options; paying for a range of beauty services and dance lessons months before the event; placating a bride and groom fed on Bollywood “shaadis” and despairing that they cannot have an Arabian Sangeeth in a desert; and pandering to guests who firmly believe you will treat them like Kings and Queens.
You should first ensure you get a wedding loan and meet some of the expenses with the assistance of the online corporate agent – Finserv MARKETS. Next, you should look for a good wedding planner.
The Indian wedding industry is estimated at Rs 1,00,000 crore. An ASSOCHAM report says it is growing at a rate of 25% to 30 %. The main criterion when planning a wedding is that you should know your expenditure. This depends on your pocket or your eligibility to get a personal loan (wedding focused). Suffice to say, the average upper-class Indian wedding calls for an expenditure of Rs 10,00,000 to Rs 20,00,000. The rich may have a starting budget as high as Rs 10 crore. You may feel it is quite impossible to do it without an urgent personal loan.
What you should factor in is that no matter what the budget size is, the wedding hall and food and liquor expenses is likely to constitute 60%-70 % of the wedding expenditure while the clothes, accessories may add up to 10% of the spending. Honeymoon packages usually eat into 15%-20% of the expenditure and wedding decorations –just the so-called basic requirements –demand 5% of the total wedding budget.
Call in the Experts
It is clear that an Indian wedding is now a big event with big-ticket spending and needs professional management. When there are competent service providers to do it for you, why pinch pennies? Just be aware of the pros and cons and do not leave it until the end to arrange money through an urgent personal loan.
- With their experience and network of allied service providers, wedding planners are best suited for that larger-than-life experience your daughter/son wants. If you try to do it yourself, there is every chance you will collapse on her D-day!
- If you are a celebrity who wants to keep it all hush-hush but also want every little publicity -hogging detail to miraculously appear through photographs on Instagram and Twitter, better leave it to the professionals. They will even ensure other celebrities sing and dance! Provided you finance it of course! So, apply for personal loan made available at Finserv MARKETS.
- If you are the bride or groom with butterflies in your tummy, let them flutter. The only things required of you would be to select clothes, jewellery, the menu and the names on the guest list. Apart from turning up for the wedding!
- If you are wise and give clear instructions, you may even save money. Doing everything, yourself on the mistaken assumption that you can cut costs may be a ‘penny wise pound foolish attitude’. Drop it and reach out for the flexibility of a personal loan.
- Wedding planners are wont to come back to you with new suggestions, alterations, problems and yes, a request to increase the budget. Stay firm. Stick to the written contract and do not give into temptation.
- Some genuine mistakes may be committed. Keep an eye to prevent major mishaps, but discount the occasional miss if overall things are progressing smoothly.
Conclusion: A wedding planner has pros and cons. Make the decision keeping in mind the factors that you care most about. However, do not let finances drive the decision making for this once in a lifetime event. With the help of a personal loan, attain the freedom to make this decision without constraints.
Finserv MARKETS, from the house of Bajaj Finserv, is an exclusive online supermarket for all your personal and financial needs. We understand that every individual is different and thus when you plan to achieve your life goals or shop for the gadget of your dreams, we believe in helping you Make It Happen in a few simple clicks. Simple and fast loan application processes, seamless, hassle-free claim-settlements, no cost EMIs, 4 hours product delivery and numerous other benefits. Loans, Insurance, Investment and an exclusive EMI store, all under one roof – anytime, anywhere!