Students planning a holiday often look for the cheapest countries to visit. Fortunately, with online aggregators now offering more affordable accommodation options, no destination is too costly if you plan your trip well. Having said that, it’s essential that you opt for international travel insurance, so you don’t suffer from factors beyond your control, like a delayed flight or lost baggage.
1. Vietnam: Staggering peaks, snaking mountain roads, verdant paddy fields, and breathtaking views of the sea – Vietnam has them all. The months from October to December are particularly best suited for visiting the Hanoi region. Ho Chi Minh City is a great choice if you want to experience Vietnamese city life. And in the Sapa countryside, you can get a taste of rural Vietnam life amid rice fields.
2. Cambodia: This little country in Southeast Asia can give your group of friends a much-needed chance to unwind and get away from fast-paced metropolitan life. With breathtaking views that span across pristine coastlines and lush greenery dancing along the pathways, Cambodia is a treat for the eyes. Popular tourist destinations in this country include Angkor Wat, an aerial view of Phnom Penh, and Kirirom’s pine forests.
3. Greece: No list of student travel destinations is complete without a mention of Turkey. With budget accommodations that offer a surprising variety of amenities, Greece is a pocket-friendly country where you can dip into the Mediterranean fare, soak up the views along the stunning coastlines, and shuttle from one island to another to enjoy the variety in scenery. While you’re there, don’t miss out on what Santorini offers.
4. Turkey: Turkey is a transcontinental country, so if you decide to visit here, you could set foot in two continents in the same trip. With a majority of its land mass in Asia and a small portion in Europe, this country is an idyllic place to discover with your group of friends. Istanbul is where most Turkish itineraries begin. Add on Cappadocia, where hot air balloons rise into the sky, and Pamukkale, where hot springs abound.
5. China: The Great Wall of China is on most travelers’ bucket lists. If your tribe is no exception, China is one of the best student travel destinations in Asia. Walk along the wall and enjoy the sight from up there. Or head to Chengdu, where you can actually interact with giant pandas up close. If it’s an adventure you’re craving, Zhangjiajie, with its dense forests and might peaks, is always calling.
6. Maldives: For the ultimate seaside holiday, it doesn’t get better than the island country Maldives. With 26 atolls and 1200 islands, the landscapes are picture-perfect. From the sparkling beaches on Sun Island to the calmer water along Alimatha Island, the shades of blue can truly blow your mind. For the adventure junkie, there are also plenty of opportunities to explore underwater activities like scuba diving and snorkeling.
Check the list of holidays in March 2020 only at Finserv MARKETS!
7. Nepal: For the group of students who’re craving a quiet place to unwind, it’s best to take a trip back in time and head to Nepal, where life is slower and more idyllic. Nepali cuisine is simple yet filling and delicious, and accommodation in this country is easy on the pocket. On the list of must-see places, you have Kathmandu, Pokhara, Sagarmatha National Park, and Lumbini, among others.
8. Kenya: Kenya is perhaps one of the most offbeat student travel destinations out there, but it’s a trip you’ll be glad you made. It’s a treat for wildlife lovers. Your vacation to Kenya can give you a chance to spot the Big Five, which is comprised of the African elephant, the African lion, white or black rhinos, the African leopard, and Cape buffalo. Sleep under the stars, climb Mount Kenya, and experience a wildlife safari in Kenya.
9. UAE: When you plan it right, a visit to the United Arab Emirates can be much less expensive than it’s made out to be. Book your tickets in advance, get a good deal on your stay, and obtain international travel insurance. Then, head to this luxurious land and cross off places like Dubai and Abu Dhabi off your bucket list. And of course, take a desert safari in the UAE and ride with the camels to make it a holiday you won’t forget.
10. Taiwan: This island country is best experienced from mid-September to December, when the weather is pleasant, and the scenery comes alive with the colors of nature. The destination is budget-friendly. If you truly want to witness nature in her most pristine avatar, head to Taiwan’s east coast. The Qingshui Cliffs, the Mukumugi lagoon, and Taroko National Park offer sights you’ll remember forever.
Other budget-friendly student travel destinations include Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Myanmar, and Indonesia. No matter where you decide to head to, remember to check off the essentials .Ensure that everyone in your group has a comprehensive insurance policy backing them up for the duration of the travel. You could opt for a Bajaj Allianz travel insurance policy available on Finserv MARKETS. And once you’ve got that sorted, you can head out on your vacation worry-free. Also before purchasing a policy it is important to understand what does travel insurance cover.