Riding on the success spree of the Redmi Note 7 and 7 Pro, Xiaomi has crafted one of the most desirable smartphones in the budget segment, and that’s the Redmi Note 8. The Redmi Note 8 specifications include a premium build quality, a massive 6.3-inch display to a powerful 48MP quad-camera setup and it features everything that you want in your next smartphone. Want to own this best-in-class handset without paying the entire amount in one go? No problem! Visit the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store which is a one-stop solution for all your smartphone needs.
But first, let’s have a look at why the Redmi Note 8 is considered to be one of the best budget smartphones.
Read on for the detailed Redmi Note 8 review:
Redmi Note Review- Design:
- Flaunting a glossy back panel with subtle gradient finish, the Redmi Note 8 is one of the best-looking budget-smartphones launched this year.
- Unlike other handsets in this segment, the Note 8 looks premium from every angle. Exceptionally thin at 8.4mm, it sits perfectly in your palm and is made for easy one-handed usage. The deliciously curvy rounded edges at the back complement its overall design.
- What’s more, the Redmi Note 8 features Gorilla Glass 5 protection at the front and back along with splash-resistant coating, which is rare in this segment.
- You get volume rockers on the right side and below them sits the power button. On the left, there’s nothing except for a SIM slot with dual SIM+MicroSD card support.
- Up at the top, there’s an IR blaster to help you turn your smartphone into a universal remote and a noise cancellation microphone.
- Like its predecessor, the Note 7, this Redmi smartphone is exceptionally lightweight at 190 gram, and not too bulky either.
- What may put you off is a sizable camera bump at the rear. It comes in three colour options — Neptune Blue, Space Black and Moonlight White.
Redmi Note Review- Display:
- The Redmi Note 8 features a massive 6.3-inch screen, which is another highlight of this smartphone. With 90 per cent screen-to-body ratio, its display looks beautiful.
- It’s an IPS LCD panel with Full HD+ resolution which can achieve a peak brightness of up to 450 nits. The display is sharp and vibrant, offering stunning colours in all lighting conditions. It’s so bright that you won’t find any difference if you compare it with Samsung M30’s Super AMOLED panel.
- If you like to watch videos, movies and play games on your smartphones, you can’t go wrong with the Note 8. It offers a pleasurable viewing experience, something you only get in mid-range devices.
- One of the best Redmi Note 8 features are the viewing angles. The viewing angles are really good and as wide as you want them to be. You get thin bezels across three sides, save the chin which has “Redmi” inscribed upon it. Also, there’s a notch at the top, nestling the front shooter.
Redmi Note Review- Camera:
- Xiaomi’s Note series is known for having decent enough shooting capabilities, but with the Note 8, the Chinese firm went a step ahead. The Redmi Note 8 features a quad-camera setup at the rear, first for any Redmi Note smartphone.
- In the Redmi Note 8 specifications, the camera is a must-have. It has a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP macro camera for stunning macro shots. At the front, it houses a 13MP snapper for selfies. The Note 8 has one of the best camera setups in this range, beating its rivals, the Realme 5s and the Vivo U20, by a fair margin.
- By default, it clicks pictures in 12MP mode; to get more detailed images you need to switch to the 48MP settings. It produces fantastic images in most conditions. Pictures clicked in daylight are full of details with accurate colour reproduction. Drop the lights and the Note 8 again emerges as a capable shooter, thanks to the Night Mode.
- The ultra-wide lens also works well, keeping saturation, exposure and colours on point, while the macro lens takes you as close as 2cm to the subject for some exceptional close-up shots.
- Its selfie camera also clicks some of the best social-media ready photos that you would love to share with your friends.
- The Note 8’s camera records 4K videos but you may find its performance shaky as it fails to apply stabilization properly.
Redmi Note Review- Processor and Battery:
- Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 coupled with Adreno 610 GPU, the Redmi Note 8 is no less than a performance powerhouse. It offers a superior and lag-free performance, no matter what task you throw at it.
- The handset plays PUBG Mobile at medium settings, and that’s perfectly fine for a smartphone with SD665.
- Xiaomi has offered the Note 8 in two storage variants: 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, 6GB RAM and 128GB storage.
- Moreover, the smartphone packs in a massive 4,000mAh battery with 18W fast chargers.
- It takes around 85 minutes to power the cell from 0-100 per cent that lasts easily for an entire day on moderate usage.
Whether you’re a serious gamer or a power user, the Redmi Note 8 specification and details are sure to blow your mind with its all-round performance. That said, if you’re looking for a feature-packed smartphone under Rs. 10,000, the Note is the one to go for. You can avail this and other top smartphones on the Bajaj Finserv EMI store which offers you exclusive benefits like No Cost EMI, zero down payment and one-day delivery. So, visit the Bajaj Finserv EMI store and grab the best deal available along with the unique benefits of EMI shopping.
To read more interesting blogs, check out: Xiaomi Mi Note 10: Features that are worth checking out , Xiaomi MI A3 Review , Best Mi Smartphones under 8,000 and many more!
Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.