About Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana
In 2018, Pema Khandu, the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh, launched the CMAAY to provide financial assistance for quality medical care to the poor tribals living in the state. The tribal population is socially and economically backward and hence is provided a cashless treatment facility by the Health and Welfare department which supervises the scheme. Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana has set a target of achieving healthcare for all by 2030 by filling the gaps in secondary and tertiary healthcare in the state and increasing the efficiency of the public healthcare system.
Eligibility Criteria for the Yojana
If you are interested to avail the benefits of the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana, you have to fulfill the following requirements to be eligible:
- You should be legally residing in Arunachal Pradesh
- You should belong to any of the tribal communities that come under state jurisdiction. Those enrolled in the Arunachal Pradesh Scheduled Tribe (APST) receive CMAAY benefits directly.
- You are employed with the State Government. In this case, your dependents also qualify for benefits of the insurance scheme.
- You belong to backward communities living in Changlang, Lohit or Namsai with resident certificates which indicate that you hold land in these areas.
Essential documents required for CMAAY
The following documentation should be kept handy when applying for the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana:
- The applicant should provide his or her Aadhar Card compulsorily. If dependents are to be enrolled in the scheme, their Aadhar would also be needed in order to establish a proof of their relationship with the primary policy holder
- Arunachal Pradesh Schedule Tribe (APST) members need to furnish the tribal certificate issued to them by the state government
- A valid resident certificate issued by an authority is required for those who are not members of APST such as those living in Namsai, Lohit & Changlang districts
- Those working with the Arunachal Pradesh government departments need to produce their ID card. Additionally, a legal birth certificate or marriage certificate is required as proof of relationship with the policyholder in case of the addition of new family members such as a child or wife or husband, respectively.
Application process of Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana
Here is a stepwise explanation of how to apply for the scheme
- Open the Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana (CMAAY) website, www.cmaay.com
- On the main page, click on the box titled ‘Enrollment’.
- You will see 3 options- How to enroll, Check and Enroll
- Go to the ‘Enroll’ option to initiate your subscription and press ‘Apply’
- You will be directed to a new page. Choose whether you are a ‘government employee’ or ‘public’
- Once you have selected the desired option, you need to fill all your personal as well as supporting document information such as name, gender, address, government ID, etc.
- Click on ‘Save’ to process your form once you have filled and verified the information.
You can check your status on the website in a few days by pressing the link www.cmaay.com/CheckStatus.aspx. Key in your district and Aadhar number to know the result.
Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana benefits
- The scheme provides beneficiaries a total of Rs.5 Lakhs annually out of which Rs.1 Lakh is for secondary treatments and Rs.4 Lakhs for tertiary ones.
- Eligible members can avail cashless treatment under CMAAY which is paid for by the state government.
- Treatment is available free of cost only at the hospitals empanelled under the scheme. These include-public private, trust, semi-private and charitable hospitals among others.
- More than 1300 healthcare procedures under 23 different secondary and tertiary categories are covered under the ambit of Chief Minister Arogya Arunachal Yojana.
- The scheme aims to reduce the financial liability of medical expenses for those who cannot afford it at the same time focusing on improvement of healthcare infrastructure in the state
List of Hospitals under CMAAY
Here are a few hospitals enlisted under the scheme:
- Bakin Pertin General Hospital, East Siang, Arunachal Pradesh
- Tomo Riba Institute Of Health And Medical Sciences, Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh
- Ramakrishna Mission hospital, Papum Pare, Arunachal Pradesh
CMAAY is an initiative by the Government of Arunachal Pradesh that allows for healthcare equity by incorporation of quality healthcare at no cost for weaker sections of society. However, if you are looking for an insurance plan to secure the health of your loved ones in the future, look no further than Health Insurance available on Finserv MARKETS.
Get access to cashless hospital treatments when you buy Health Insurance available on Finserv MARKETS.. The most comprehensive health insurance policies come with the added advantage of claims settlement within no time for a hassle free experience. Top-up your plan, choose add-on covers and enjoy a range of benefits with the assurance that your family’s health comes first.