*The ex-showroom prices are for Delhi and are subject to change based on the city.
**Third-party premium rates are indicative. The actual premium that you may have to pay may change depending on various factors. Please check the prevailing premium rates before purchasing your bike insurance policy.
If you are looking to buy a new insurance plan for your TVS Apache bike, you can follow the easy steps given below:
Step 1: Visit Finserv MARKETS’ two-wheeler Insurance Page
Step 2: Enter a few details such as your bike registration number and your phone number. You can also enter the bike model, manufacturing year and vehicle registration date.
Step 3: You will get an instant policy quote listing out your Apache bike price for the premium.
Step 4: Select the policy that suits your needs and upload the necessary documents.
Step 5: If you are satisfied with the quote, you can proceed to make the payment online.
Step 6: On successful payment, your bike insurance policy will be sent to you at your registered email address.
If your TVS Apache insurance plan is near expiry and you need to renew it, you can do it on Finserv MARKETS:
Step 1: Visit the Bike Insurance section on Finserv MARKETS.
Step 2: Enter your registration number of existing policy and vehicle-related details.
Step 3: Check your TVS Apache insurance price for available plans and select your preferred plan.
Step 4: Don’t forget to avail the No Claim Bonus (NCB), if you are eligible.
Step 5: Make the online payment to renew your TVS Apache bike insurance.
Step 6: Once the renewed policy is activated, the policy details will be sent to your registered email address.
Read more: Bike Insurance Renewal
The TVS Apache is a powerful bike designed with a racing approach. Although the bike assures top performance with due maintenance and care, it is vulnerable to faulty roads and reckless drivers nearby. The Apache series of bikes are expensive and any loss or damage to your bike due to unexpected accidents can cost you anywhere between ₹20,000 to ₹1 lakh or more. By getting two wheeler insurance, you can be assured of comprehensive protection against risks such as accidents, theft, losses caused due to both natural and man-made disasters, etc. Also, you need at least third party insurance for your bike under the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
There are mainly two types of bike insurance plans you can choose from for your TVS Apache bike:
A third party insurance cover is a basic form of bike insurance that protects you from third-party liability and provides financial cover to the third party involved in an accident for damages and medical expenses. This type of bike insurance is generally cheaper than comprehensive bike insurance.
Comprehensive insurance is a more rounded policy that provides protection to your bike and you, as well as third party insurance cover. You can also enhance your policy by adding extra covers like zero depreciation or theft cover. While it’s more expensive than third-party insurance, it saves you the cost of repair and maintenance in the long run.
As mentioned above, third-party bike insurance only covers the cost of injuries and damages to the third party involved in an accident. It does not provide any coverage to the policyholder. On the other hand, a comprehensive bike insurance plan includes coverage for the policyholder and their vehicle as well as provides a third-party liability cover.
Most insurance plans have a certain set of exclusions that are not covered by the insurance policy. Bike insurance exclusions are situations like normal wear and tear of bike parts, accidents due to drunk driving, providing inaccurate information to the insurance company, etc.
Read More About: Inclusions & Exclusions of Bike Insurance Cover
Here are some important add-on covers you can consider buying for some added protection:
- NCB Protection Cover: No Claim Bonus in Two Wheeler Insurance is a special reward provided to the policyholders who do not make any insurance claims for the duration of a policy year. Buying an NCB protection cover ensures that even if you make up to two claims in a year, your NCB for bike insurance remains intact.
- Personal Accident Cover: Any accidental injury, disability or even death of the policyholder or driver will be covered under the personal accident cover for bike insurance.
- Return to Invoice Cover: In case your bike is damaged beyond repair or stolen, the full market price of the bike that you paid at the time of purchase will be refunded as the insurance claim.
Here is a list of important documents that you will need in order to make an insurance claim for your TVS Apache bike:
- Bike insurance policy papers
- FIR of the incident/accident
- Detailed information about the incident with eyewitness accounts
- Original RC papers of the vehicle
- Full set of bills and receipts (in case of reimbursement claim)
There are two types of insurance claim options available to you:
Under cashless claim settlement in bike insurance, you can directly take your bike to a network garage where it will be repaired. The benefit of using a cashless claim is that you won’t have to pay anything. The network garage will directly settle the cost of your bike’s repairs with your insurance provider.
Under the reimbursement claim settlement, you will have to pay for your bike’s repairs out of your own pocket initially at a garage of your choice. You will need to keep all repair related receipts intact and submit them to the insurance company to get the bill amount reimbursed.
Read More About: Bike Insurance Claim Process
Here are some things you can do to reduce the price of TVS Apache insurance premium:
- Use the NCB: The No Claim Bonus is a benefit provided to policyholders who do not make any insurance claims during policy terms. Use this benefit to get reduced insurance premiums during renewal.
- Compare Plans Online: When looking for TVS Apache insurance, you should compare all the bike insurance plans available online so that you can find the most economically efficient plan.
- Install Anti-Theft Devices: If you have ARAI-approved anti-theft devices installed on your TVS Apache, you may be eligible for a slight reduction in insurance premium price.
- Choose Add-ons Carefully : You may be tempted to buy many add-on covers but doing so can quickly increase the cost of your insurance premiums. Only choose the add-ons you may really need and avoid getting the rest to keep your premium prices down.
TVS Apache series of bikes are powerful machines that are a great choice for bike enthusiasts and racing hobbyists. However, these are expensive bikes and even small repairs can cost a ton of money if you do not have your TVS Apache insured. An insurance plan can not only keep your Apache covered against damage but you can also drive on the roads without any stress of financial loss. If you are looking to buy TVS Apache insurance, you should look into the bike insurance plans available at Finserv MARKETS. If you want added protection, you can also consider getting add-on covers.