Your family’s healthcare needs continue to change with the changing lifestyles and constantly rising healthcare costs. In this scenario, having medical insurance coverage is extremely vital. Bajaj Allianz’s Health Guard policy is one such plan that is designed to suit your healthcare needs and further lend a helping hand when it comes to tackling sudden medical emergencies. The plan takes care of your medical treatment expenses incurred during the hospitalisation resulting from any serious illness or accident. This way, your healthcare bills are taken care of, and you can focus on complete recovery!
The plan offers free health check-ups for after every 3 claim-free years, for the list of pre-defined tests.
The plan compensates for ambulance charges up to ₹20,000/- per policy year.
With this plan, you can enjoy tax benefits under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
The plan offers lifetime renewability so that you can enjoy continued coverage.
The Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan lets you switch from your previous insurer without losing your accrued benefits after the waiting period.
- Takes care of pre and post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 and 90 days respectively.
- It covers 130 daycare treatments which would require minimum 24 hours of hospitalisation.
- The plan covers the expenses incurred in organ donor’s treatment for the purpose of harvesting.
- In case of continuous hospitalisation due to an injury, illness, or disease, which extends over 10 days, the plan pays a convalescence benefit of ₹5,000 per policy year.
- In case your sum insured is exhausted during a policy year, then 100% of the sum insured is reinstated.
- The plan covers Ayurvedic/Homeopathic in-patient treatment costs.
- The plan covers medical expenses incurred for the delivery of a baby and offers coverage for the newborn.
- Any medical expenses incurred during the waiting period of the policy will not be covered. The waiting period for pre-existing diseases in the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan is 3 years. Diseases like cataract, piles, hernia, and sinusitis have a waiting period of 2 years.
- Any disease contracted during the first 30 days of commencement of the health insurance policy will be excluded from the coverage. However, accidental injuries are taken care of during the waiting period.
- Any disease arising due to pregnancy, childbirth or related to pre and postnatal care is not covered
- Any dental treatments including dentures, cosmetic surgery, dental implants, and others are not covered.
- Cosmetic or aesthetic treatments or any form of plastic surgery.
The sum insured options available under the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan are as follows:
Silver Family Floater Plan: Sum insured options ranging from ₹1.5 Lakhs to ₹2 Lakhs.
Gold Family Floater Plan: Sum insured options ranging from ₹3 Lakhs to ₹50 Lakhs.
Platinum Family Floater Plan: Sum insured options ranging from ₹5 Lakhs to ₹1 Crore.
The premium rates for the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan will differ as per two zones:
The cities that fall under this zone are Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi/NCR, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Surat, Secunderabad and Vadodara.
Policyholders falling under this zone will not have the co-payment clause in their policy.
Places that do not fall under Zone A are listed under Zone B.
Policyholders falling under Zone B will have a 20% co-payment clause in their policy if they avail healthcare treatment in Zone A cities and pay premium rates as applicable in Zone B cities. However, this is not applicable in case of accidental hospitalisation.
Not just buying the health insurance plans but understanding your policy’s claim process also remains a vital task. Have a look at the claim process for Bajaj Allianz Health Guard.
When raising a cashless claim, here’s what you need to do:
Provide policy details to the Bajaj Allianz network hospital. Post verification, the hospital will provide a pre-authorisation form.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance verifies the form which is provided to the hospital along with the details about your policy benefits and coverage.
Hospital begins your treatment on a successful claim approval.
Once you are discharged, the hospital sends the bill along with discharge papers to the insurer which is then settled directly after reducing the co-payment, if any.
In case of reimbursement claim, follow these quick steps:
Submit all original documents and bills.
Bajaj Allianz team evaluates the information.
On receiving all the documents, your claim decision is made.
You will receive the payment based on the policy terms and conditions within 30 days.
Here are the tax benefits of the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan:
Tax benefits of up to ₹25,000 if the policyholder’s age is less than 60 years, and he/she is paying the health insurance premium for self, parents, spouse, children and parents.
Tax benefits of up to ₹30, 000 if the policyholder’s age is below 60 years of age and the policy includes his/her parents as well.
Tax benefits of up to ₹55,000 if the policyholder’s age is below 60 years and that of his/her parents is above 60 years.
Tax benefits of up to ₹60, 000 if the policyholder’s age is and that of his/her parents is above 60 years.
With the changing lifestyle, a medical emergency can show up at any time. In such situations, a Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan can come to your rescue by providing adequate financial cover while you can concentrate on the medical treatment. Hence, wait no more. Secure yourself and your loved ones with a Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan now!
The plan offers a sum insured ranging from ₹1.5 Lakhs to ₹1 Crore.
The maximum policy period offered is 3 years.
In a health insurance plan with a co-payment clause, the cost of the healthcare treatment is split between the policyholder and the insurance provider by a certain percentage.
Yes. You can purchase the Bajaj Allianz Health Guard plan on the Bajaj Markets website or our insurance app.