Travelling is a unique experience that comes in all forms. While globetrotting to new and exotic places is a conscious personal choice for a certain set of people, it is a compulsion for another set of people who travel on a professional work basis. These days, travel fulfillment doesn’t just apply to families; solo travel, too, is fast becoming a more sociable option for travellers who wish to meet like-minded individuals in their journey.
Irrespective of how you want to travel – alone or with company, here are a few things that may come in handy while travelling abroad:
- Keep your documents intact: It is advisable to carry your passport and other travel documents on you at all times, to be able to show your tourist status when asked by the authorities abroad. Keep your passport in a safe place -ideally in a pouch inside a secure bag.
- Carry enough foreign exchange in cash and coins: Cash is the most comfortable way to work with and accepted everywhere. Keep a lot of change and also carry international debit/credit cards to shop at big international stores. Make sure you leave some cash behind in your suitcase so that in case you are mugged, you don’t lose everything.
- Pack essential toiletries that you can’t do without: Most hotel accommodations provide basic toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, and shower gel. However, travelers may carry their own essential toiletry kit owing to unsuitable weather conditions and the toiletries offered at the accommodation.
- Universal Adapters: Several countries have different types of adapters. For instance, Indian adapters don’t fit into the electric sockets in the US or UK. So, it is advisable to carry a universal adapter to charge your gadgets.
- Shoes and Sleeping bags: If you are traveling abroad, you would be required to walk a lot despite availing the local public transport. A good pair of shoes may help you in covering all the local attractions with ease and without straining your feet. If you have to go for trekking or overnight camping, sleeping bags come in handy along with a good pair of shoes.
- Basic Medicine Supplies: Human beings, in general, take time to adapt to new climates and temperatures. Often, this process of adaptability goes through a bout of common sickness. So, it is important to carry those basic medicines backed by a doctor’s prescription for common ailments such as fever, flu, cough, sore throat, headache and stomach ache.
- Spare phone: Ensure that you keep a spare mobile phone in your suitcase. In case your regular mobile is robbed or lost, you shall have the spare mobile at your rescue in an alien land.
- Pocket Travel Map: A pocket map showing the major tourist attractions of a city and the convenient modes of transport to reach them would serve as great utility. So, make sure you carry a print out of the map with you travel documents.
- Bath Linen and Towels: If you are prone to skin allergies and not confident about the quality/cleanliness of towels and bath linen provided during your stay, it is better to pack a couple of towel sets to avoid any allergies.
Check the complete list of January holidays 2020 and plan your Holiday!
Vacation Loans for Travel Buffs
Whether it is a vacation to scenic Scandinavian circuit or a quick trip to Europe, more and more Indian travellers are choosing travel loans to fulfill their wish of ‘going round the world in eight days’. This trend is steadily growing upwards among Indian millennials who prefer online accessibility of vacation loans offered through digital platforms such as Finserv MARKETS. Travel loans available on Finserv MARKETS are unsecured personal loans that cover personal expenses including flight tickets, food, entertainment, accommodation, etc. The Bajaj Finserv personal loan for travel on Finserv MARKETS allows you to avail exclusive benefits such as instant approvals, quick disbursal, attractive interest rates, and flexible repayment tenure of 12 to 60 months. The documentation process to apply for the Bajaj Finserv Personal loan for travel is minimal, completely online and completely hassle free.
Jet, Set and Go!
Travelling is a great stress buster. Studies have proven to have had a positive impact on the mental health of human beings by lowering cortisol levels, making them feel calmer and happier. The often understated aspect of travelling are the wonderful benefits for individual’s brain which undergoes novel experiences, only to improve its creativity.
In addition to a happier and creative self, travelling also improves one’s productivity, problem-solving skills and can even better your prospects of a swift professional rise.
If you are someone who wants to temporarily break away from the stress of work and add a few youthful years to your life, travel loans can assist you in covering your financial deficit or fully cover your holiday trip. Hurry up and grab that vacation loan on Finserv MARKETS!