The Indian startup ecosystem has witnessed a massive boom in recent years. Innovative ideas, technological advancements, and increased government support are some of the major factors that have contributed to the success of startups in India. For people belonging to the legal world, establishing a law firm is considered to be the most lucrative business idea. However, setting up a law firm is a challenging process and hence it requires sheer hard work and dedication. So, if you are a law graduate, looking forward to setting up your own law firm, you must take the below-mentioned things into consideration:
Do proper planning
- Before you go ahead and start your own law firm, you must chalk out a comprehensive business plan as well as a detailed marketing strategy in advance. You must also conduct a market analysis to identify the opportunities of a law firm in the market.
- Also, make sure that you come up with a catchy name for your law firm. The name of your firm should symbolize your expertise in a branch of law. For instance, if you are good at dealing with financial cases, the name of your firm should indicate that.
Create a website
- A common mistake that most law firm owners do is that they don’t create a website for their firm. In today’s day and age, a large number of individuals determine the authenticity of a business depending upon its online presence. Therefore, make sure that you create an engaging website and share all the details of your law firm over the website.
- In addition to creating a website, your law firm should also have a permanent physical address. Do not shift your law firm from one address to another on a regular basis as it may severely hamper your internet marketing efforts.
Focus on your areas of expertise
- Once you set up your law firm, make sure that you only accept cases that fall under your area of expertise. For instance, if you are well-versed in dealing with criminal cases or financial cases, make sure that you only take up such kind of cases. This will not only help you reduce your competition in the market but also allow you to build a network easily and rapidly.
- If you are a new law school graduate, finding clients can be difficult for you. This is where building a strong network can prove to be extremely helpful. You must try to spend time and learn from the experienced lawyers in your nearby area. It will help you gain experience and get new clients for yourself.
Take care of registrations and ownership
You can easily get your law firm registered if you have a law degree from an Indian or foreign university recognized by the Bar Council of India. You must also take time to research the type of ownership structure you wish to settle for. If you want to be the single owner, you should go for sole proprietorship. On the other hand, if you wish to have shared accountability, you should settle for Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) structure.
Your confidence will certainly play a significant role in determining the fate of your law firm. Even if you lack experience, you should be confident about your skills and areas of expertise. Do not let the opinion of other people hold you back from starting your own law firm. If you have faith in your talent, your law firm will get the success it deserves.
Now that you have a fair understanding of things to consider while setting up a law firm ensure to make the most of it for your career growth. To set up a law firm, you would also require a substantial amount of capital. You would need money for owning space for your law firm, developing the infrastructure, hiring staff and paying them, purchasing books, etc. To obtain the required amount, you can consider availing a business loan. Nowadays, a large number of leading financial institutions offer loan for lawyers. However, you should compare various loan offers provided by different financial institutions before making the final decision. This will help you avail a loan that best suits your needs.
You can easily avail a Bajaj Finserv Business Loan through a hassle-free online application process. Simple eligibility criteria, minimal documentation, less processing charges, and prepayment facility are some of the key features of availing a business loan at Finserv MARKETS. You can also customize your loan according to your requirements. You can opt for a loan tenure that best suits your needs. This will make your EMIs affordable and allow you to repay the loan within the stipulated time. Lastly, you must ensure to read the terms and conditions of the loan agreement carefully. This will help you avoid any inconvenience in the later stage.
“Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is a one-stop digital marketplace that has been created for consumers on the go. It offers 500+ financial and lifestyle products, all at one place. At Finserv MARKETS, we understand that every individual is different. And that’s why we have invested in creating a proposition – Offers You Value. A value proposition that ensures you get offers which are tailor made for you. We also offer an amazing product range and unique set of online offers across Loans, Insurance, Investment, Payments and an exclusive EMI store. Be it in helping you achieve your financial life goals or offering you the latest gadgets, we strive to offer what you are looking for. From simple and fast loan application processes to seamless and hassle-free claim-settlements, from no cost EMIs to 4 hours product delivery, we work towards fulfilling all your personal and financial needs. What’s more! Now enjoy the same benefits in just one click with our Finserv MARKETS App.”